Charge port cover not opening.

Mine can be a tad temperamental. Pressing the edge where the latch is rather than the logo seems to be a reliable way for mine.

Hi all, I’ve only had my MG5 a week and the ‘MG’ logo charge port cover won’t open anymore when I push it.
Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas how to fix the problem? Thanks in advance.
The car is unlocked? I keep forgetting that opening and closing the boot doesn't unlock the car...

There's always the emergency cover release, but that will involve removing the cover under the bonnet. It's in the manual.

I don't think that releases the charging flap - I think it unlocks the charging cable so you are not trapped at a charge point.
Ah, good call. I was trying to think of anything in the area that may be of help.

I got mine stuck my fault I forgot to put the bungs back in and it got stuck 😳 not done it since might be that just a thought..

Glad it's not just me then! I just had this issue, drove straight to my dealer, when I got there it had opened and now it's fine. Dealer advice was to carry a toolkit and some WD40 at all times :LOL:

15/12/2022-MG ZS EV 69 plate- Today is -9 c in Manchester, UK, I wish to charge my car and my charge lid is jammed. I poured hot water on the lid, I poured like warm water on the bonnet, allowed the water to run through the horizontal long gap between the bonnet and front frame which leads to the charging input point. Gave it a minute, pressed the lid and it opened. Then I pasted Sello tape on the point where the lid back pointed tip clicks in. This way the lid will never close again. After my charging, from now on I will push my lid down but won’t click it. It works for me. Hope this message helps, thanks, Shaz

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom