Charge port position. Photos please

slmorgan42

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hey

I recently had the charge flap replaced on my FL MG5 LR. Looking at the charge port it is not quite centred and a little to the left.

I have seen a few photos on here that suggest that might be normal.

Would people mind posting photos of their charge port with the rubber covers removed?

Lol if this was any other site that request would sound so wrong lol

Hey

I recently had the charge flap replaced on my FL MG5 LR. Looking at the charge port it is not quite centred and a little to the left.

I have seen a few photos on here that suggest that might be normal.

Would people mind posting photos of their charge port with the rubber covers removed?

Lol if this was any other site that request would sound so wrong lol
This is mine. I think apart for the English rain the only issue is the gasket not being set right. Originally I thought the socket was to the left. But I am not sure now after seeing some other pics.

Attachments

• IMG_3967.jpeg
    IMG_3967.jpeg
    711.9 KB · Views: 72
That doesn't look quite right.
There certainly shouldn't be any gasket showing and it would look a lot neater if it was shifted right slightly.

That doesn't look quite right.
There certainly shouldn't be any gasket showing and it would look a lot neater if it was shifted right slightly.
Yeah agree about the gasket. And I thought it was to the left as well. But I have seen other photos that look the same. This another members for example.

It’s the reason I was asking to see some other pics to try and gauge.

Attachments

• IMG_3998.jpeg
    IMG_3998.jpeg
    78.4 KB · Views: 77
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom