charge stations Iced

terrybailey

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
is it possible or practical to get an extension lead for the CCS chargers, Could possibly help with the number of ICED stations you see if you read the comments?

I’m no expert but I don’t think extensions are made or safe for cables involving that amount of power.

No such thing exists. The danger of death would be too great, I would think.

Just in terms of simple practicality, the amount of electricity being moved around by a DC rapid charger is so much greater than your usual AC, it needs super heavy gauge wiring (=weight) and possibly even active cooling. Plus you’ve got your locking mechanisms at the connectors and so on.

No such thing exists. The danger of death would be too great, I would think.

Just in terms of simple practicality, the amount of electricity being moved around by a DC rapid charger is so much greater than your usual AC, it needs super heavy gauge wiring (=weight) and possibly even active cooling. Plus you’ve got your locking mechanisms at the connectors and so on.
Hi Thanks I'm not for death

Thanks
Terry

is it possible or practical to get an extension lead for the CCS chargers, Could possibly help with the number of ICED stations you see if you read the comments?
Absolutely not, firstly this is serious current (in context it's 200 amps at 80 Kwh which is twice the maximum a house would have) and secondly I couldn't even begin to contemplate the cost and weight of such a thing!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom