ChargePlace Scotland £12 charge

AussiePete

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Anyone else receive a £12 charge notification from Swarco (aka ChargePlace Scotland)?

I contacted them to clarify and they advised I would have to pay again as they have now taken over!!! I have already paid for my card and at the time CPS said it was a one-off payment to use their infrastructure. I know it’s only £12 - but the principle is I have already paid!!!

Also on their website it says the charge is £10 - not £10 plus VAT - Accessing the network - Charge Place Scotland

2386E26E-2ACA-4AC1-88C8-6C556D0290BC.png

How did you receive the charge notification?

I owe them for 1 charge but have yet to be invoiced or my bank account debited.

The changeover to Swarco has been riddled with problems. The whole setup is more complex than it needs to be. The website is poor to say the least. It now looks like some users are being charged for RFID cards that they have already paid for.

Query everything. Their system is a disaster (even if it was the fault of the previous operator, they shouldn't be going live if it isn't fixed).

How did you receive the charge notification?

I owe them for 1 charge but have yet to be invoiced or my bank account debited.

The changeover to Swarco has been riddled with problems. The whole setup is more complex than it needs to be. The website is poor to say the least. It now looks like some users are being charged for RFID cards that they have already paid for.
I got it via email

I got it via email
Sorry for the folks that have to pay but.... my Charge Place Scotland stats are as follows: Cost so far = O pounds
Petrol Equivalent = saved 231.90 pounds
Over 63 Sessions
Saved 2 Trees (don't know what size ! :)
Allowing 1,690 free miles
and... consumed 576.9 kWh

That's since Dec 2021 don't know how long it will remain F.T.C. as the price of electrons are on the rise having said that received new 1yr contract from Octopus and it is within my pension income hopefully this applies to all MG EV'rs...

Sorry for the folks that have to pay but.... my Charge Place Scotland stats are as follows: Cost so far = O pounds
Petrol Equivalent = saved 231.90 pounds
Over 63 Sessions
Saved 2 Trees (don't know what size ! :)
Allowing 1,690 free miles
and... consumed 576.9 kWh

That's since Dec 2021 don't know how long it will remain F.T.C. as the price of electrons are on the rise having said that received new 1yr contract from Octopus and it is within my pension income hopefully this applies to all MG EV'rs...
Na na na na - na😍

Hi, sorry to take over the thread but I need to sign up for charge place Scotland soon.
How does it work? Website seems to say get a card for £10 or download the app for free. What does the card give you over the app?

Hi, sorry to take over the thread but I need to sign up for charge place Scotland soon.
How does it work? Website seems to say get a card for £10 or download the app for free. What does the card give you over the app?
No need for a good phone signal to use the app. And some chargers can be in poor coverage areas. I think the £10 card lasts for five years.

Its a rfid card and you just present it to the unit, it then confirms your hunky dory and plug in,. BTW I paid 20 for mine !

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom