TERRIER7N2

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Ok ,So first time this has happened ,I removed plug from car and heard it lock,Didnt think anything of this until day after ,Went to charge and couldnt push plug into as was in locked position,Jumped on youtube and told about a manual release in boot,No couldnt find that in my 2021 Version ,So I push the plug into scket as far as i could applying small amount if pressure then unlocked and locked the car ,I then heard the plug motor unlock ,Plugged in fine then and started charging .
Anyone else have same issue thought id give a heads up what I did .
Hope it makes sense

If you push unlock twice on your remote twice it will unlock. This can happen to me sometimes when removing the plug from the car after charging or while charging.

And as I recently found out, if you don’t remove the charging plug when you unlock the car it will time-out and relock the charging plug after about 30 seconds, preventing plug removal even though the car is unlocked. I got round this by relocking then unlocking the car, the charging plug could then be removed. I didn’t know about the double click on the remote, which I’ll now use in future, many thanks Cafeg.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom