Charger notice/sign

Martin

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I printed some of these off and keep them in the glove box. I use one every time I use a public charger. Does anyone else think there is some merit in this?

20220813_195621.jpg

You could modify it slightly and stick it on any car you are waiting to finish it's charge so they can call you as they leave.

I printed some of these off and keep them in the glove box. I use one every time I use a public charger. Does anyone else think there is some merit in this?

View attachment 10259
I know it would be quite a big commitment, but i would be worried about my phone number being written in public, so I would be tempted to use an app that gives you a temporary phone number, or I would get a 2nd pay as you go hanset for stuff like that

I would just put a time, no phone number, so they know how long they will have to wait and if it's worth waiting or moving on to another location.

But it also means that new holders can still be found.
So now we're down to encouraging people to study a vehicle's display of (work, home ,🤷‍♂️) parking permits etc to see if one isn't actually a parking permit & might be connected with an EV charging courtesy scheme...

Hmm think the EV scheme might have missed a trick there. I'd have made it purposely not round like a "tax disc", recognisable from a distance through colour/design etc

So now we're down to encouraging people to study a vehicle's display of (work, home ,🤷‍♂️) parking permits etc to see if one isn't actually a parking permit & might be connected with an EV charging courtesy scheme...

Hmm think the EV scheme might have missed a trick there. I'd have made it purposely not round like a "tax disc", recognisable from a distance through colour/design etc
More broadly shurely the reason I'm plugged into the charger is because I need to charge, so why am I going to shorten my charge because someone's come along after me & reckons they "need to charge" ?🤔

I sort of feel it might be nice to leave something on the dashboard saying when you will return to the car. Takes the guessing game away from the person waiting to charge. Lol something like the blue badge holders have those little clocks.

I sort of feel it might be nice to leave something on the dashboard saying when you will return to the car. Takes the guessing game away from the person waiting to charge. Lol something like the blue badge holders have those little clocks.
Good idea!

Something like this but leaving not arriving.

Attachments

• 8B356201-6FC1-44FE-9206-8ED76C133C25.png
    8B356201-6FC1-44FE-9206-8ED76C133C25.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 74
More broadly shurely the reason I'm plugged into the charger is because I need to charge, so why am I going to shorten my charge because someone's come along after me & reckons they "need to charge" ?🤔
Broadly though, it depends if the charger is free, if you really need to charge or it's just for convenience, or if you are on plan C because the last 2 chargers you tried were kaput. I wouldn't mind cutting my session short if I'd got enough to get to my next stop to help someone out who is having a nightmare journey (having had a nightmare journey myself and an I3 driver graciously cutting his session short).

Broadly though, it depends if the charger is free, if you really need to charge or it's just for convenience, or if you are on plan C because the last 2 chargers you tried were kaput. I wouldn't mind cutting my session short if I'd got enough to get to my next stop to help someone out who is having a nightmare journey (having had a nightmare journey myself and an I3 driver graciously cutting his session short).
Oh I agree. Though if it's free presumably one should suggest the urgent user can bog off & pay elsewhere if it's that desperate?

Was your nightmare journey in the days of free chargers?

I foresee entitled Ranger over types "trying it on"... like the one who was up my a*se this morning , amazing how slow the ZS can creep in a slow moving traffic queue, then launch itself at the blip of the throttle 😂

Last edited:
Was your nightmare journey in the days of free chargers?
Exeter services on M5. For EV's coming from Cornwall, you get to the M5 at Exeter and there were 2 Ecotricity chargers and about 5 EV's waiting. I was checking Zap-Map for alternatives in range when the i3 driver stepped up to the plate. A knight of the road.

Also, unexpected diversion eating into the range.
:)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom