Charger won’t fit

artvandelay

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Been a very happy MG PHEV owner since March. Like many here I’ve been getting over 100mpg and rarely having to fill the car up. My only issue is the reported drop from 32 to 31 mile EV a capacity and some exterior damage after unluckily hitting not one but two deer when driving home. Part delays are making the body repair slow.

Just took the car on its first long journey. All has been great but we just went to charge that car and found that the type connector won’t fit the socket. We’ve tried our own charger and it’s the same issue; the charger won’t go in all the way, as if something is blocking it.

I’ve looked at the connection at the top right small connector seems sunken in comparison to the top left one.

Needless to say we are very frustrated as we’re away until Monday. Has anyone else had this issue? Google searches aren’t helping.

Thanks!

Last edited:
If you have a type2 lead then have a look at the socket on that and compare the pins. The CP pin in normally shorter so it makes contact last and doesn't tell the the EVSE to put 240v on the larger L1 pin.

If you have a type2 lead then have a look at the socket on that and compare the pins. The CP pin in normally shorter so it makes contact last and doesn't tell the the EVSE to put 240v on the larger L1 pin.
If own charge lead will not fit and has been Charing then the lock pin is down.

Look at 12 o’clock and see if there is a small pin dropped down this will be between the outside wall and inner wall of the socket.
Take a look at YouTube video. Click on link below.

Brilliant, that seems to have solved the problem for now. Thanks ever so much.

Brilliant, that seems to have solved the problem for now. Thanks ever so much.
Have you gone inside the boot and on the right side just under the tracks for the pull cover there is a panel cover that come off and behind that there is a pull cord that will lift that pin, it may reset so the motor works, this is what you hear after plugging in.

Have you gone inside the boot and on the right side just under the tracks for the pull cover there is a panel cover that come off and behind that there is a pull cord that will lift that pin, it may reset so the motor works, this is what you hear after plugging in.
Hi,
I have a HS PHEV 2022 and I don’t seem to have this access panel ?
Any ideas.
Jeff Golding

Attachments

• 24ECD97E-AC9D-4783-9998-C32849E9882E.jpeg
    24ECD97E-AC9D-4783-9998-C32849E9882E.jpeg
    420.6 KB · Views: 102
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom