Chargers in Pembrokeshire

mourneuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all,

We're heading to Pembrokeshire next month and staying near Haverfordwest.

I've looked on zap map and the rapid charger situation seems fairly shit. Is there anyone who lives locally or has experience of the area can recommend reliable fast chargers in or around there please?

Thanks

Depends which way you are coming, but best to charge up to a decent SoC before getting there then not charge whilst there. If from the South try the Instavolts West of Tenby, otherwise from the North there's lots of capacity in Aberystwyth.

Depends which way you are coming, but best to charge up to a decent SoC before getting there then not charge whilst there. If from the South try the Instavolts West of Tenby, otherwise from the North there's lots of capacity in Aberystwyth.
Wow, that bad eh? We'll be coming in from the M4 so I'll have to take a look at Tenby thanks.

I may also have to speak to the owner of where we're staying about paying extra to charge on the granny charger.

Thanks for replying.

Hi all,

We're heading to Pembrokeshire next month and staying near Haverfordwest.

I've looked on zap map and the rapid charger situation seems fairly sh*t. Is there anyone who lives locally or has experience of the area can recommend reliable fast chargers in or around there please?

Thanks
We had 2 weeks in Burry Port and Aberaeron over the summer (travelled from London). Filled up a gridserve on M4 before reaching the wilds of Wales. I too looked at the area and thought it was going to difficult but honestly in 2 weeks all was fine. Tried to keep the car topped up at fast chargers and found dragon charging effective (seems to be same as clenergyev). There are a few rapids around Pembrokeshire too so I'm sure you'll work something out . Enjoy.

Rapid chargers maybe not so common, but every public car park I went to in August had 4 fast charger bays (including Broad Haven, Nolton Haven, Newgale) I was actually quite impressed at how common they were.

Rapid chargers maybe not so common, but every public car park I went to in August had 4 fast charger bays (including Broad Haven, Nolton Haven, Newgale) I was actually quite impressed at how common they were.

Newgale had 7kw chargers? I'll have to take a look, thanks. It's not far from where we stay so it's usually our go-to beach provided the tides fit out schedule.

Newgale had 7kw chargers? I'll have to take a look, thanks. It's not far from where we stay so it's usually our go-to beach provided the tides fit out schedule.
Change the filter on Zapmap to look only for fast chargers not rapid. That way you can see avoid clutter.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom