Charging from solar panels DC direct in ECO mode?

Henri8

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi fellow MG and solar panel owners!
As a new Dutch owner of a ZS-EV and 32 solar panels I am looking for an electrical ‘Nerd’ who knows a way to bypass the solar panel inverter and the transformer in the ZS in order to directly charge the car via the DC plug.
Up till now I could not find any device online to accommodate this wish. To me this would be ideal to save inverter and transformer energy and to have fast charging available in daylight/sunny conditions. I realise that a second T junction from the solar panels to the charger is needed. In my situation this could be done via a cold chimney column direct to my cellar and then outside to the car.
It looks that I overlook something important that makes this impossible. Up till now no one convinced me yet...
Are you the one?
Stay healthy out there!
Henri

Aside from the technical aspect of somehow constructing a CCS charger, why would you bother?

32 panels won't be giving you much more than Type-2 7kW.s
Aside from the technical aspect of somehow constructing a CCS charger, why would you bother?

32 panels won't be giving you much more than Type-2 7kW.
Good point maybe! But the speedy DC chargers at gas stations are fast because of the direct entry into the battery, or am I wrong?

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom