Charging in France

Just driven to disneyland paris today in MG ZS (44kw).

Ionity via credit/debit card or Shell recharge card in France is €0.79 PER MINUTE! That right, per minute!!! However, if you use Octopus Electric Juice card, it's £0.66 per KW, which means, if you get hit with low charging, it's not hurting the wallet. So get one of those cards. The other main chargers I seen is Totalenergy - and they bill by the minute also. And you got to use a Shell recharge card, as some chargers doesn't accept credit card.

Two chargers, both worked. But total's only had one unit at the site, so lucky. Ionity had six out of seven working. I am to use Disneys new hotel chargers tomorrow, before 2022, they only had 4 chargers in their main car park, now they have nearly 40 in 2 hotel car parks. If only alton towers did the same.

That's good to know as we are renewing our DLP annual passes next year (skipped this year as we were desperate to get on a plane to somewhere sunny). Are the chargers still free in DLP?

I agree about Alton Towers. It's a 180 mile drive for us so if they had a bank of destination chargers we could drive there, charge, and get home without stopping! We were there 3 weeks ago and there is plenty of space and what seems like capacity for charging.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's good to know as we are renewing our DLP annual passes next year (skipped this year as we were desperate to get on a plane to somewhere sunny). Are the chargers still free in DLP?

I agree about Alton Towers. It's a 180 mile drive for us so if they had a bank of destination chargers we could drive there, charge, and get home without stopping! We were there 3 weeks ago and there is plenty of space and what seems like capacity for charging.
Still free. At the moment it's no booking a space, it's first come, serve first. I plugged in at 7am, and it's was full at 5pm, so moved it so a non charger disabled bay. Also four out of the 20 are disabled EV charger bays, even thou thinking about it, the regular disabled bays look more busier than the disabled+charging.

They are 16amp, 11kw chargers in the hotels.
Also Newport Bay has chargers as well, from what the staff told me, so three hotels with charging.

Attachments

• 20220322_165619.jpg
    20220322_165619.jpg
    537.7 KB · Views: 97
Just went to Bruges on the Eurotunnel. Free fast charge in a Lidl in France (Gistel) on the way, failed to charge in an Interpark in Bruges because it required a sign up with a physical card, good on street own cable slow charging in Ypres on the way home. Basically similar to the UK.

I used Chargemap to find the sites.

Eurotunnel have free fast chargers on the way in each side too, but make sure you leave enough time (~30 mins before train) for customs and boarding after charging (I did not).

Sorry none of that is actually on the motorway, but hopefully helpful anyway.

Funny you should say that @Ozzie1989 : they nearly did on the way back. Caused my HV battery to disconnect, and I had to disconnect the low voltage battery briefly to reset everything.

There were a couple of different networks, this was the non-eurotunnel branded one on the left. Maybe 'Ionity' or something like that? I saw a comment on Chargemap from another MG owner who had the same problem. Are those chargers known for having issues?

Check out this thread, it's the most recent I recall but certainly not the first!

Has anyone been over to France in the MG5 LR. If so how was the charging facility’s on the motorways?
We're going down to the South of France in three weeks. So far, I've got a Chargemap RFID card (as well as the app) as that covers a lot of the country's regional chargers under one umbrella. I will be using a travel adapter to hopefully charge on site (although that's not a dealbreaker).

I've got a tag from e-Movis to pass quickly through toll booths. I've added a monthly subscription to ABRP Premium, to give me real-time updates and have backups ready.

My wife has an Ioniq so I've subscribed to Ionity chargers through our 'Charge My Hyundai' account, which is £11.25 a month but reduces the cost from 69p to 25p per kWh (even though we're going in my MG5 LR).

I think that's mostly it for now...

We're going down to the South of France in three weeks. So far, I've got a Chargemap RFID card (as well as the app) as that covers a lot of the country's regional chargers under one umbrella. I will be using a travel adapter to hopefully charge on site (although that's not a dealbreaker).

I've got a tag from e-Movis to pass quickly through toll booths. I've added a monthly subscription to ABRP Premium, to give me real-time updates and have backups ready.

My wife has an Ioniq so I've subscribed to Ionity chargers through our 'Charge My Hyundai' account, which is £11.25 a month but reduces the cost from 69p to 25p per kWh (even though we're going in my MG5 LR).

I think that's mostly it for now...
Thank you for your reply, I would be interested in how you get on.
Have a great trip.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom