CHARGING PROBLEMS - Allego and Smoov in France and possibly the rest of continental Europe

Spotthedog

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Thought readers may like to know that there may be some issues charging on the continent if trying to charge using the Allego network (via Smoov app or credit card). I received this today after complaininng to them that I wasn't receiving a charge at one of their sites in France:

"Thank you for your message.
Our apologies for your inconvenience.

We have had recent indications that some MG models have issues charging on our AC chargers.
We have escalated the issue to the manufacturer and we are awaiting their investigation.

At the moment we can only guess. In the past there have been some car models (not MG) that had an issue with the resistance on the chargepoints.

I'll keep your request open until we are informed.
I will give feedback once we receive it from the manufacturer
"

Intrigued that they've known about this for an unspecified period and that it seems to affect more than just MGs yet they don't appear to have made it too public to save us all a lot of hassle. Nor do they appear to accept that it may be their end that's the issue.....

I'll pass on any updates if I receive any - but don't hold your breath!

S

PS,
The English language helpine when dialing from France tells you that it is unreachable. (Its an 0800 no. Doh!) then hangs up. The operators I spoke to on their French language number put me on hold to find an English speaker (my French is ok but not sufficient for this sort of detail) then it dropped the line after 90 sec or so.

PPS Ionity rocks!

Last edited:
I have a ZS Trophy, When i plug into an E.on charger at work it only pulls 3.6KwH.
the car next to me pulls 12 KwH.
is there a reason for this?

It looks like the car next to you can charge on 3 phase AC (upto 22kW), whereas the UK spec ZS is only single phase (upto 7kW).

I have a ZS Trophy, When i plug into an E.on charger at work it only pulls 3.6KwH.
the car next to me pulls 12 KwH.
is there a reason for this?
Try this thread instead:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom