Charging rate (plus general version musings)

I’m convinced that this is marketing spin - both versions of the MG5 seem capable of up to 80kW charging. But to make the Long Range sound like an improvement, there is now talk of using a 100kW charger vs 50kW for Standard Range.

MG-pilot makes me driving more easily and relax on the motorway. Highly recommend and am happy to see it comes to MG5 LR as a standard configuration.

Regarding camping and roof bars, I have the SR Exclusive and packed the roof box with camping gear. Pretty sure it comes to around 50 to 60kg. Yes I know, WAY over the limit of 35.

However, I am yet to see (or fully understand) the physical difference between the SR and LR roof bars. Feeling how sturdy they are when full, I have a feeling they are exactly the same. There's no way I could go camping without it, coming from a 7 seat S-Max.

I also removed the huge 'spare wheel' foam block (keeping the foam stuff etc) which gives you a surprisingly large amount of additional space when packing to the max. Added a 60kg tent to the boot, camping fridge, clothes and everything else you need for a holiday and it was packed tight to the ceiling. Add x2 adults and x2 kids and the car felt like there was nothing inside as usual - acceleration was just as nippy. Range WAS impacted though.

FYI - also managed a brisk swerve at 60 on the motorway when the car in front decided to deposit a mattress into the middle lane from its roof!!

Apparently the short range models are being retired from sale, and the dealer I'm speaking to can't get Excite SR models any more. So that's (probably) that decision made! :ROFLMAO:
I have been looking for one and my local dealer said it’s all LR now.

Well, the deed is done! Put my deposit down on an Excite LR this morning!

I wanted it in black, but they're out of stock and not order-able at the moment, so I went for white plus the protection pack.

Arriving November sometime. And I can't wait! 😁

Well, the deed is done! Put my deposit down on an Excite LR this morning!

I wanted it in black, but they're out of stock and not order-able at the moment, so I went for white plus the protection pack.

Arriving November sometime. And I can't wait! 😁
same here, excite long range, easiest car sale for the salesman ever, done on WhatsApp. Big shipment coming November.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom