Charging time

Eric

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello all.
I'm interested in buying a mg5 for pco use (taxi). I have a really simple question..
How long does it take on a rapid charger to load upto 80%.
Thanks

Any used 2020/21 models for cash sale?

It does depend a lot on starting level of charge along with battery temperature and the capabilities of the DC charger being used - but this link provides an indication of AC and DC charge times

How long is a piece of string ?

How low are you starting from, what's the temperature, are the batteries warm, what speed is the charger........etc etc.
Thanks
Are you happy with the mg5?

Might have want to have a look at this thread, it doesn't directly answer your question, there's some experience from Taxi drivers, as well as a link to a youtube channel of a taxi driver.

Hello all.
I'm interested in buying a mg5 for pco use (taxi). I have a really simple question..
Thanks

Charging times can vary a lot.

A fully charged car in the morning is a valuable asset as it will do you for 180-240 miles.

If you want to rapid charge quicker, turn on the battery heater especially in the winter

1646921443532.png

Apparently a warm battery can charge at up to 94 kw!

Hello all.
Thanks

Check out this chap he is a MG5 taxi driver. Good to listen too and plenty to say. He has a whole series of videos'

How long is a piece of string ?

How low are you starting from, what's the temperature, are the batteries warm, what speed is the charger........etc etc.
It really is not as difficult as it looks at first …

001F6AD2-6D59-4AF1-A1F8-CCA033DD4293.jpeg
Probably best not to post up the answer just yet. :)

Last edited:
Honestly - it is extremely easy. Look at the numbers.

I'm struggling to understand how this answers the question the original poster asked :unsure:

I'm struggling to understand how this answers the question the original poster asked :unsure:
The answer to the OPs question is….

It’s as long as a piece of string. There are too many parameters that allow a definite figure to be given.

However, on a 50kW charger then allow about 45 mins to an hour. Will depend on LR or SR version as well.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom