• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Charging Woes

Charger reliability is a crucial issue, I am sure that Zap Map et al could easily produce a league table of chargers working/or not over a period of say a month, and 'name and shame' the networks that are providing a poor service, the adverse publicity, thinking Shell/BP, might shame them into upping their game/maintenance?
They could if they had direct access to all the chargers but they don't, so they don't know the majority of which are working and which are not.

Just completed a trip from South wales to Stuttgart in Germany in my MG ZS EV LR .Very pleased with the performance of the car and by enlarge the charging infrastructure in Europe ,only problem I encountered were of my own making , pushed to far and couldn't find a charger until down to 35 Km in battery. Return trip was fine except for road closure where I had planed to recharge . But on the whole ,as long as you allow enough time a pleasant trip
What requisites for charging in Germany?

Basically the same as anywhere else. You can pay directly with a visa or other charge card, but you will pay more than if you have signed up for an app and pay through your bank account. I have two charge cards one from EWE GO which is a local energy company from my local area and one from ADAC which is the equivalent of the UK's AA and is run in conjunction with the energy provider ENBW which gives me a 10 cent/Kwh reduction on their own chargers and access to 400,000 chargers across Europe including Ionity and Shell Recharge.
You can also use the Ionity network by simply downloading the app (Apple or Android). The latest information from Ionity in Germany:- 496 high power chargers in 110 locations with another 10 under construction.
You could also sign up with Shell Recharge with app and/or RFID card and get access to their sites and partners across Europe. Hope that helps.

Shell Recharge EV Fast Charging Stations | Shell Recharge

Ionity:-

MAP & STATUS

Basically the same as anywhere else. You can pay directly with a visa or other charge card, but you will pay more than if you have signed up for an app and pay through your bank account. I have two charge cards one from EWE GO which is a local energy company from my local area and one from ADAC which is the equivalent of the UK's AA and is run in conjunction with the energy provider ENBW which gives me a 10 cent/Kwh reduction on their own chargers and access to 400,000 chargers across Europe including Ionity and Shell Recharge.
You can also use the Ionity network by simply downloading the app (Apple or Android). The latest information from Ionity in Germany:- 496 high power chargers in 110 locations with another 10 under construction.
You could also sign up with Shell Recharge with app and/or RFID card and get access to their sites and partners across Europe. Hope that helps.

MAP & STATUS
Wish we had German EV infrastructure in the UK!

MAP & STATUS
Thanks, very informative

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom