Cheap Fuel

Very interesting. Thanks for posting. I wonder when it will be available ? I had a quick look on OVO site - nothing yet.

Instead Ovo’s “type of use” tariff will be less than half the typical rate from rival suppliers – without limiting the times when customers can charge – by automatically charging vehicles when prices are low. When prices are high, energy could be drawn back into the grid from the batteries of electric vehicles sitting idle.

So if we go to take the car out at 4pm then it will be depleted having run next door's washing machine?

🤔

<tongue in cheek>

So if we go to take the car out at 4pm then it will be depleted having run next door's washing machine?

🤔

<tongue in cheek>
That depends on your washes/kwh - use eco and you can power the tumble drier too...

Thanks for the link :cool: I'm in the middle of getting our electricity supply upgraded by the DNO (shared loop supply) and as I've not really committed yet to a 7Kw charger that's very good to hear especially with an extra £100 thrown in to boot on top of the OLEV grant. We don't use the car every day so I'd be fine with V2G. I will be changing electricity suppliers when this is sorted out & will definitely be giving the Ovo guys a call. (y)

Just found this blog

You must have one of the 2 chargers provided by them
Thanks for the link.
I was trying to find it without success.
It sounds like it won't work for MGs as it refers to using energy from the car in return for the low rate.

My challenge is I am on a competitive tariff and while I can find some cheaper EV tariffs, in all cases the increased gas cost wipes out potential savings.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom