Check my firmware

WoSko

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
How can I check that my firmware is up to date? My version number is SWI83-29867-1300R12

My car is MG5 Trophy Long Range, I know that I can check it with my dealer, but I am wondering why the information is not reachable through the internet.

I have the SR so my software will be different.
Someone with a facelift model maybe able to help.

How can I check that my firmware is up to date? My version number is SWI83-29867-1300R12
the new version is "R15"

see this vidéo on 4min58 in HD résolution :

:)

Last edited:
Just to save going through the video:
mpusw.JPG

Anyone that has the release notes for r15 what it enhances compared to R12?
No, but I went to my dealer and found that MG is not calling for a new software version. But that's weird because my "R12" version looks a bit old compared to the "R15" version. The more that I have a problem with Bluetooth. Automatically, without my participation, listening to the radio switches to the signal from the phone. This is a bit annoying. Do you have it?

Software Updates are always handled exclusively by dealers, they are not something which the owner/user can initiate him/herself.

So, @ramsiii you need to ask your dealer about this.

I took my MG5 (Facelift Trophy) for its first service and software update this week. It now shows (via the System menu):

MPU software version: SWI83-29867-1300R12
MCU software version: 83.3.4.8

How come my version is R12 if others are on R15? Was my update actually done?

What versions have others got?

I picked up my car from the dealership today after they had it for three days while they investigated the problem recorded above. A courtesy car was provided for the duration at no cost. The software was checked and updated as necessary - as of today, as it was on the vehicles previous service in July 23.

Service Report
K VHC
INVESTIGATE RAPID CHARGE FAULT
CARRIED OUT EVCC,BMS AND BCM
CARRIED OUT CELL BALANCE CHARGE AND SETTLE
CUSTOMER TO TRY

I will keep you updated !

MG UK needs to seriously raise its game and become an EV Technology company with a vision of the future. Vehicle and Customer support are stuck in the dark ages with customers having to wait weeks or months to have an issue investigated. This utilises the ‘garage’ practice of plugging the vehicle into diagnostics available only at the dealership dependant on a connection to MG’s technical server. I have received good, competent and sympathetic support (if not fast due to limited resources) from my dealership despite the actions of MG UK.

Subject: Rapid charger connects but fails to charge.
Date:
26 October 2023 at 16:33:31 BST
To: [email protected]

I have been waiting since the 15th of Sept to get get my car investigated for the charging problem described below with my local MG garage as suggested by MG UK.

Howards have had the car since Tuesday the 24th but have been unable to make progress or get support from MG because they say that the MG UK Technical server is down and they (and every other dealership) are unable to raise technical tickets.

Please could you advise how long this situation will continue, what action has been taken to ensure there is not a repetition of this situation and what contingencies are in place to maintain customer service in the absence of tickets and MG UK technical server access ?

Regards ...

The dealership then has to raise a ticket with the ‘experts’ at MG UK to get assistance in resolving the problem. MG does not provide transparency about what issue of software is current for the vehicle nor does it seem to provide the facility for the customer to identify what issue of software is installed in their vehicle. These communications are not available to the customer as are any official acknowledgement of known problems on which MG UK are seeking solutions.

The MG dealer does not know what version of software the vehicle should have either as the software modules change or are patched on a daily basis. The only way to check if the vehicle has the latest software is to run a diagnostic which compares the version on the vehicle with the version on the MG UK database (when available) and updates the modules as necessary. This requires the vehicle to be plugged into the dealerships diagnostics which communicate to the MG UK database. The diagnostics record what software is on the vehicle which the dealership can print out for their records but this is not available to the customer.

Many MG models lacked the ability to communicate over 4G mobile phone app or WI-FI using a USB hub. If there had been greater commitment to ongoing product improvement and support it could have been provided subsequently. This would have massively improved communication and speed in the identification and resolution of problems. MG have been very backward in coming forward with these essential facilities to enable diagnostics and software upgrades at home saving customers having navigate the overloaded and under equipped MG dealerships.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2023

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom