Clicking Noise

BeekeeperMG5

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hello,

We are due to pick up our new MG5 #teamblue, this Saturday. Dealer rang to say they are preparing the car and they are having issues trying to charge it. It is making a clicking noise when they try to trickle charge it. Any idea what the problem might be?
Thanks in advance.

Hello,

We are due to pick up our new MG5 #teamblue, this Saturday. Dealer rang to say they are preparing the car and they are having issues trying to charge it. It is making a clicking noise when they try to trickle charge it. Any idea what the problem might be?
Thanks in advance.
They are being very honest! Could it be the solenoid that locks the cable playing up? I’ve not experienced it I’m afraid.

Great - glad you’re sorted!

We've owned the car since Dec of last year and got our home charger installed 2 days after delivery, so we've never had a use for the slow, slow charger.

I had an opportunity to use the "granny charger" for the very first time the other day. We went to the local zoo and low and behold, their was actually a space available at the free EV charging points in the parking lot (it's 10 or so places are usually full up with Teslas and Leafs)

Unpacked the charger from it's bubble wrap and plugged it in. Waited for the noises.....you know them: zzzbt............tsss-ah. All I got was zbbt......zbbt..................zbbt. Looked at the display and it said "plugged in but not charging" After fiddling around with it for 15 minutes, I gave up since I didn't need a charge. Just wanted a bit of free juice.

Decided to test it at home in case it was a faulty socket at the zoo (which would have explained the available slot) but no go. I did think that the fit on the car end was a bit tight. Didn't feel like it went all the way in.

Long story short, I took the cable to the dealer and after them testing it on one of the cars in the showroom, I went home with a new cable which worked right away. The bonus being that my wife can charge the car for free at her workplace which will cut down on our expenses (y)

Last edited:
Hello,

Thanks in advance.
Having the same problem even after having a new charging point fitted

Having the same problem even after having a new charging point fitted
The parts canon has been fired without success. 🙄

So for those of us new to this, has your car ever charged successfully and if so when did it stop, and where have you tried it? Does it Rapid charge Ok?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom