Clock not going foward last Sunday

Andrew

Established Member
Reaction score
A quick question, on Sunday got into the MG ZS and the Clock was still showing one hour out, no problem will set the clock,in the setup page there is 3 options manual, GPS or DAB. I has set GPS in the passed and was still selected but clock hadn't changed, so startup the sat nav just in case it has to be running, 20 mionutes laster still no change, so changed to Dab which worked, has anyone else has the clock change whist GPS selected? Will have to wait another 6 months to test again.

You answered your own question.
You have to have the time set to DAB as DAB radio stations pick up the time, the GPS signal doesn't.

The gps connection does have the functionality to make updates. In this instance it appears not to have done so - on my ZS anyway. I believe it depends on which gps system it is using for the satellite signals. I’ve used gps updated date and time successfully on other cars over the years.

My time setting was set GPS which must of been the default and didn't update, changed to Dab and updated straight away.

Mine was also GPS, there is an option just below for Daylight saving to select. Set that and it changed the time.
Do you need to be tuned into a DAB station for it to update if you use that setting as I rarely use DAB.

I had mine on GPS too, noticed yesterday it hadn't updated, switching to DAB sorted it. @Gomev - my system was playing USB music previosuly, not tuned to a DAB station as far as I'm aware, although I think I have some saved in the settings.

The gps connection does have the functionality to make updates. In this instance it appears not to have done so - on my ZS anyway. I believe it depends on which gps system it is using for the satellite signals. I’ve used gps updated date and time successfully on other cars over the years.
Yes, it does work on some other cars, but not on the ZS or the 5.

Mine was also GPS, there is an option just below for Daylight saving to select. Set that and it changed the time.
Do you need to be tuned into a DAB station for it to update if you use that setting as I rarely use DAB.
My ZS was already set to DAB time setting and it changed anyway, even though I was tuned to an FM station.
SWMBO's 5 was not set to DAB time and when I set it to DAB it didn't change straight away but it did a minute or two after I tuned into a DAB station.
Sorry that's a bit inconclusive, but she had previously never used DAB at all (only had the car 3 weeks) whereas I previously had.
Will have to wait 6 months now to check :D

Mine was on GPS, it hadn't changed automatically on Monday, went out to the car this morning to try changing it to DAB - the clock had changed! Changed it anyway to DAB.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom