clock time out by an hour

deviousrich

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
anyone else have a panic this morning when the clock in the car showed an hour earlier than real time? i assume its a daylight saving bug somewhere but it certainly made me jump this morning when i thought i was an hour early!
its been fine up to this morning, i can only guess its something to do with the USA clocks going back last night??

wondered if it was just my car or everyone had the same?

Mine is definitely an hour out. Poor programming. I'm sure I'll cope.

Mine is definitely an hour out. Poor programming. I'm sure I'll cope.
yeah i suspect we'll get by ;-) just the "Monday morning" moment when the car said i had left at 5am and it was dark so could have easily gotten up an hour too early :D

atleast it tries, in all my previous cars i had to set the time manually like some sort of peasant twice a year

I got confused this morning too. I thought that the GPS system only transmitted UTC time (what we call GMT) and it is up to the receiving device to make any local time and daylight saving adjustments. Certainly my Garmin correctly adjusts for daylight saving - actually globally since it knows what time zone you are in and the local clock change days (which I thought had been pretty much harmonised now).
So piss poor programming by whoever makes the GPS unit for the cars.

i had last week off week and when i arrived i thought "oops i've got up early and set off thinking it's time for work"🤣

Sorted it

Go into Settings>Time

Mine was in GPS but that doesn't matter.
Daylight Saving and Timezone both greyed out and this is the key
Switched to DAB and manual, went out of the screen and in
Eventually Daylight Saving and Time Zone were usable
Set time zone to +1

I have the engineering mode mod running on my ZS and that could be significant

Attachments

• E52375EF-8D2D-4B99-9292-2D1320529CCB.jpeg
    E52375EF-8D2D-4B99-9292-2D1320529CCB.jpeg
    424.8 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Myenergi have just released a firmware update for the Zappi because they went back an hour last weekend too. Not just MG programming then.

No one has said about the day it has not seen it’s a Tuesday not a Sunday morning which is the normal day for clock to go back. Last year the 25 October was a Sunday I must admit will check the year in the date menu In the morning.

No one has said about the day it has not seen it’s a Tuesday not a Sunday morning which is the normal day for clock to go back. Last year the 25 October was a Sunday I must admit will check the year in the date menu In the morning.
I didn't use the car on Sunday, but it was definitely out Monday morning. Suspect it changed a week early.

This used to be a common problem on the LW signal, which would sometimes forget to change. As the old economy 7 timers would sometimes rely on this, we would get lots of angry customers phoning about their electric bill.

😂 me too. Confusing sunday, soon twigged! How'd it only take and hour? Still really early, got loads of time, guess I'm looking at the gps dab settings then!

anyone else have a panic this morning when the clock in the car showed an hour earlier than real time? i assume its a daylight saving bug somewhere but it certainly made me jump this morning when i thought i was an hour early!
its been fine up to this morning, i can only guess its something to do with the USA clocks going back last night??

Mine did exactly the same. I became worried it's a battery fault but reading this thread has put my mind at rest

Bloody hell, I thought it was only me going mad 😂😂😂

Mine was the same. Adopted winter time a week early. Haven’t checked it this morning yet to see if it has gone back another hour. Didn’t bother correcting it last week as I’m assuming it will self correct today.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom