Clocks go forward charger

Vipar

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Do I need to change the timer settings because the clocks go forward tonight? Ohme wall charger

I'd be surprised if anything (with integral, sophisticated electronics) designed and manufactured in the last 10 years or so needed manual intervention when the clocks changed.

I'd be surprised if anything (with integral, sophisticated electronics) designed and manufactured in the last 10 years or so needed manual intervention when the clocks changed.
Last year that's exactly what happened with my Easee One charger, perhaps that's just particularly poor on the software front, as one might perhaps guess from the name. Hopefully others aren't as bad

TBH I've no idea if my charge point updated the clock as I never use a scheduled charge anyway. :)

I will probably know in the morning thanks for the replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do I need to change the timer settings because the clocks go forward tonight? Ohme wall charger
I am on Octopus "economy 7" - that system uses UTC time and therefore I need to change the charge time on my car to 1:30-8:30am and I have to reset the Growatt battery charging as well. I do not know if you are using other tariffs if the same issue applies. If you have HomeAssistant - you can easily track the unit price of electricity. Yes - I know I am not on the best tariff - but the combination I have gives me 15p/kWh export and I only have a granny charging plug - so I need the 7hrs!

1712407548797.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My Wallbox Pulsar Plus was set up with 00:35 to 04:25, the low tariff times for Flexible Octopus, and the times were changed from 00:35 to 02:00 after the Spring clock change - not ideal. However it's only twice a year to have to alter it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom