Cold Weather Driving- what range anxiety?

fatboyfat1981

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
First big trip when its been properly cold and its….. pleasant.

Left MK after a full balance charge, rancid traffic getting out of MK & on the M1 & M6 and am now at Market Drayton en route to Wrexham.

ACC/Traffic Assist for most of the trip until I got off the M54, stats before I plugged in were:
C7786423-579E-40A6-83D0-831DDD0AA735.jpeg

More than reasonable considering it hasn’t gone above 8 degrees all day. Hopefully the driving mode won’t trigger anyone 😆

Now pulling 50kW & off for a coffee at McDonalds whilst Moby gets some amps:

8D35AAE0-B345-4352-9428-00CAA701CD7B.jpeg

An even more northern; half Norwegian, half Thai, half German guy is doing an even longer trip...

First big trip when its been properly cold and its….. pleasant.

Left MK after a full balance charge, rancid traffic getting out of MK & on the M1 & M6 and am now at Market Drayton en route to Wrexham.

ACC/Traffic Assist for most of the trip until I got off the M54, stats before I plugged in were:
View attachment 13043
More than reasonable considering it hasn’t gone above 8 degrees all day. Hopefully the driving mode won’t trigger anyone 😆

Now pulling 50kW & off for a coffee at McDonalds whilst Moby gets some amps:

View attachment 13044
In my experience of the Ioniq, around 7-8C was the cut of point where the efficiency starts to really take a dive.

Once you get below 5 through the trip, you might well come to a very different result.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom