• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Comfort 2, HVAC and?

CogZog

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I remember the comfort 2 update and the HV Fuse, but I think there's a 3rd update I need to check before collecting our new ZS EV on Tuesday?

Wiring loom recall on the drivers side
Ask them to update to the latest nav version. Its 2020 q2

Battery management system. There is an update to allow ac charging via a scheduled charger. The car was going to sleep so couldnt accept the charge. The update fixes that

As an additional feature, and an easy way to tell it’s been done, it will charge on AC with the doors unlocked once updated.

As an additional feature, and an easy way to tell it’s been done, it will charge on AC with the doors unlocked once updated.

That's good to know. Is it easy to check if the other updates have been done? I think the display should show the outside temperature if the comfort 2 update has been applied?

That's good to know. Is it easy to check if the other updates have been done? I think the display should show the outside temperature if the comfort 2 update has been applied?
Comfort 2: range remaining estimate displayed permanently bottom left of instrument panel info screen. Outside temperature displayed top of touch screen.

I had BMS updated in Jan 2020 but when doors are unlocked the charging will stop or will not start util doors are locked. Is this another more recent BMS update?

I had BMS updated in Jan 2020 but when doors are unlocked the charging will stop or will not start util doors are locked. Is this another more recent BMS update?
I had the BMS done also and my charge stops when the doors are open also. I was wondering the same. It works fine on the scheduled charge alright

I had the BMS done also and my charge stops when the doors are open also. I was wondering the same. It works fine on the scheduled charge alright
And mine was only done last week, so unless there is another update, id say thats the way its supposed to be??

And mine was only done last week, so unless there is another update, id say thats the way its supposed to be??
@CDR and @simpa
I believe there has been only one BMS update and a separate HV fuse update.
To the best of my knowledge @Skippy is right about charging on AC with the doors unlocked. I think it depends on the type of charger but for most types of AC chargers the doors have to be locked to initiate charging and remain locked for the first 2 to 5 minutes of the charging session before the unlock feature kicks in. I think it is some sort of a safety measure. For some the time it takes is very short ie seconds after the charging session is established but I have been told it should not more than a few minutes.
Try starting your AC charging by locking the door then waiting 5minutes after the car starts charging and unlock. If this feature is working the car will unlock but charging will continue.
Mine works if I wait about 2 minutes or less. If I try to unlock immediately after AC charging starts it stops charging.

@CDR and @simpa
I believe there has been only one BMS update and a separate HV fuse update.
To the best of my knowledge @Skippy is right about charging on AC with the doors unlocked. I think it depends on the type of charger but for most types of AC chargers the doors have to be locked to initiate charging and remain locked for the first 2 to 5 minutes of the charging session before the unlock feature kicks in. I think it is some sort of a safety measure. For some the time it takes is very short ie seconds after the charging session is established but I have been told it should not more than a few minutes.
Try starting your AC charging by locking the door then waiting 5minutes after the car starts charging and unlock. If this feature is working the car will unlock but charging will continue.
Mine works if I wait about 2 minutes or less. If I try to unlock immediately after AC charging starts it stops charging.
I will give that a try later

My car will start charging on AC with doors unlocked just fine.

If I come back to the car and unlock the doors I can hear it release the lock on the cable but if I don’t unplug it’ll re-lock and resume charging with the doors now open

My car will start charging on AC with doors unlocked just fine.

If I come back to the car and unlock the doors I can hear it release the lock on the cable but if I don’t unplug it’ll re-lock and resume charging with the doors now open
@kiltox
That is very good. In my case, I usually use pod point free chargers and there does not seem to be any way of initiating charging with the non-tethered fast 7kW chargers except by locking the doors to initiate the charge. After my BMS update my charging kept failing if I unlocked the car immediately after initiating the charge and the advise I was given by a MG tech when I raised this issue was as I stated earlier ie safety issue so wait 2 to 5mins and unlock. I now follow this advice and it has worked and has worked perfectly since. Not sure why our cars all seem to be behaving differently but I guess it may be due to the chargers rather than to MG.

Last edited:
@kiltox
That is very good. In my case, I usually use pod point free chargers and there does not seem to be any way of initiating charging with the non-tethered fast 7kW chargers except by locking the doors to initiate the charge. After my BMS update my charging kept failing if I unlocked the car immediately after initiating the charge and the advise I was given by a MG tech when I raised this issue was as I stated earlier ie safety issue so wait 2 to 5mins and unlock. I now follow this advice and it has worked and has worked perfectly since. Not sure why our cars all seem to be behaving differently but I guess it may be due to the chargers rather than to MG.
I have Rolec (WallPod: EV HomeSmart - tethered) charger (see the image). I have not had HV fuse update applied yet. Could that be the reason why doors must remain locked all the time while charging?

Attachments

• EVOS_-_tethered_2048x.png
    EVOS_-_tethered_2048x.png
    232.4 KB · Views: 124
I have Rolec (WallPod: EV HomeSmart - tethered) charger (see the image). I have not had HV fuse update applied yet. Could that be the reason why doors must remain locked all the time while charging?
You could be right

@simpa
I am not sure. I think several members have had issues with rolec so someone more knowledgeable may answer your questions on rolec.
From what I know about HV fuse it addresses an issue with certain Rapid chargers found mainly in Scotland. Apparently the ZS EV will shut down all systems and go into some sort of protective mode when one connects to such chargers. Not sure of the exact details but HV fuse update may have nothing to do with open doors when charging.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom