Comfort 2 update

Watty

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have recently bought a MG ZS EV 21reg I asked when I bought it to make sure it had all the updates done plus the comfort update, they wouldn’t do the comfort update saying it was irreversible and the car didn’t need it ,my question is are they talking bull because they didn’t understand what I was talking about ,they also said there software wouldn’t allow them to go further with any updates ? I am confused.

I have recently bought a MG ZS EV 21reg I asked when I bought it to make sure it had all the updates done plus the comfort update, they wouldn’t do the comfort update saying it was irreversible and the car didn’t need it ,my question is are they talking bull because they didn’t understand what I was talking about ,they also said there software wouldn’t allow them to go further with any updates ? I am confused.

If you have the outside temp displayed on your main screen .....they you already have the comfort 2 upgrade installed.

I had to pay for mine over a year ago...but it was worth it to get get rid of the unnecessary BONGS!

If that is the responce from that dealer, then heed the warning ⚠️ sign and walk away very quickly !.
This clearly indicates to me, that they have NO idea or NO confidence to carry out what should be a simple software update, offered by MG themselves on your car !.
Find a dealer who has already completed a good number of the “Comfort 2” updates in the past.
Remember this, if the first dealer gets the update wrong, what chance do they have of fixing it after !.
Is it worth having the C2 update done ?.
Yes - It is a much better place to be, after the upgrade without any doubt.
Find a dealer who has plenty of successful C2 updates under there belts is my advise.
Make a check list of ALL of the improvements that will be applied AFTER the update and make sure they are ALL done, before you leave the dealership.

If you have the outside temp displayed on your main screen .....they you already have the comfort 2 upgrade installed.
I have found that this isn't necessarily the case. Mine displays outside temperature, but not range remaining (unless I press the "battery" switch"), and it still charges to around 455 V. [ Edit: Vehicle firmware is complex; the "comfort 2" package is an interlinked set of updates. ]

When I pressed them to update this, they found that there are 6 updates pending, and it will need a whole day to install. They claim that one update on its own will take 4 hours.

This may be a problem confined to Australia only, though I suspect that variations of it will be happening all over. It's discussed on this Australian forum topic: Software has some but not all Comfort 2 features.

I have found that this isn't necessarily the case. Mine displays outside temperature, but not range remaining (unless I press the "battery" switch"), and it still charges to around 455 V. [ Edit: Vehicle firmware is complex; the "comfort 2" package is an interlinked set of updates. ]

When I pressed them to update this, they found that there are 6 updates pending, and it will need a whole day to install. They claim that one update on its own will take 4 hours.

This may be a problem confined to Australia only, though I suspect that variations of it will be happening all over. It's discussed on this Australian forum topic: Software has some but not all Comfort 2 features.
Yes I had a similar experience with mine, bought in February. I took it in for an update in March (after learning on here that the range should be showing) thinking it would be a quick fix. It required 2 updates with one having to be downloaded from China taking 2 hours. Everything is fine now with range showing and full charge at 450V.

Can anyone suggest dealers in the UK who have completed this Comfort upgrade
One dealer that instantly springs to mind is the Chorley Group.
They have really good experience on working on EV’s.
Applying the Comfort 2 software update will be a “Gravy” job for them.
You could get the info unit update done at the same time !.
MG service bulletin SA020.

One dealer that instantly springs to mind is the Chorley Group.
They have really good experience on working on EV’s.
Applying the Comfort 2 software update will be a “Gravy” job for them.
You could get the info unit update done at the same time !.
MG service bulletin SA020.
I bought my car from Chorley last month, new reg ZS EV. They were great. Then I found the MG dealer in Kidderminster nearer where I live, Clarks. They happily took the car in and put it on their service records for warranty, and updated a Recall update for me at no charge, that was the Comfort 2 Infotainment update mainly I think, as well as installing my NextBase 322 dashcam (£100 for the install - I supplied the camera and fitting kit). We now do have the external temp in the top right of the system. And whether or not it's my imagination, the batteries are topping up to 200m or over now on an overnight charge. Twice now this week and seem to be dropping down at a fairly accurate rate against our mileage.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom