Comfortpack 2 update range

MellyW

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've just collected my Zs ev. The outside temperature is showing in the main screen but the range is not showing in lower left of the little screen. Is there a way to turn the permanent range on or is this a software update error?

Mine was the same - update not completed fully - dealer had 3 attempts to put it right.

This worries me as how are they getting it wrong...we said on our pod cast the other night that any updates should be verified, but they obviously aren’t....

There is a wholesale lack of knwoledge at dealerships - (perhaps unsurprisingly) espeically with the IT side of things - which would have influenced my purchase had I known this before. Thankfully, this forum can sort out a lot of people's issues but that doesn't take away that a lot of dealerships simply don't know what they're doing. When posts on here are referenced at dealerships, tghe typical repsonse seems to be "you shouldn't rely on forum posts, the dealers know best". They don't though, do they? :rolleyes:

Having checked, as far as I can tell everything else has been updated ok, it's just the range that's missing

mine has the mileage in right place but it just shows that i have 214 mile on a full charge

Others including myself have had the same issue, starts off unrealistic and drops quicker, but as it drops it falls back in to line and has been accurate mine still shows in these cold weather conditions 204 miles on a full charge.

We don’t think it’s the update that’s at fault it’s the installation process that sometimes doesn’t apply itself correctly, I will raise the issues I’ve had with my local dealer upon the next service and ask them to reinstall the update other than that I know in winter conditions I’m looking at 120 miles of range and about 178 miles in the summer, my average is currently 4.2 miles per kWh of power.

Wow, I never have more than 130 miles after a charge, my average has never gone above 3.1.
Maybe my driving style 🤭

My eZS was built in July 2020 and it came with the CU2 installed, when I charge the car at 100% GOM always shows 163 mi although I´m getting 188 mi of range with my driving conditions.

Wow, I never have more than 130 miles after a charge, my average has never gone above 3.1.
Maybe my driving style 🤭
In the summer I frequently get about 4.5 miles per KWh on a run, in ECO and with no fans or anything else on.

No I drive at about 60 to 65 miles per hour, if I’m in town (London) I have nearly topped 5 miles per KWh, but I do accelerate steadily and used Regen 3 on braking, but try and let the car slow itself as much as possible, my average prior to the cold weather was 4.4 miles per KWh it’s now down to 4.2 average. It really is about how you drive and whether you use the heating or fans. This week I have struggled to get to 3.4 miles per KWh, but I have used heating etc

Similar style to me then, I barely use the brakes, but always have the heating, heated seats etc on, I'm a lizard 🦎always cold and need to warm up in the sun 🌞.
Maybe that's why my figure is low

I would definitely suggest it’s the current cold as I’ve seen a big difference in range, I use the heated seats as much as possible so as not to take any power from the main HV battery. You should see the benefit when the temp increases, I’ve read some where that the optimum temp is about 25 degrees..above or below will affect it to some degree.

25 degrees in Manchester haha 😄 never.

Didn't know the heated seats didn't effect the battery as much, will try that. Thanks mark

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom