Comparison between original and face lift ZS EV

WalkingBootWeather

Established Member
Reaction score
So I've been running an original ZS EV Exclusive for 2 years now and fancy a change. Overall it has been a decent EV so I could be tempted by the face lift LR model. I have read and viewed most of the reviews of the new car but would appreciate some impartial advice from owners who have experienced both. In particular if you have noticed any difference in ride, comfort, performance and economy over the old model. Are the led headlights noticeably better than the old ones? Is the rapid charging profile similar or are peak speeds retained for longer?

Some people have suggested that the heating is less powerful in the new model, but it was pretty fierce in the original so this may not be a problem.

When I got my car I think there was only about £1500 between the price of the Exclusive and the Excite. The price difference between the SE and Trophy is higher so I'm leaning towards the poverty spec. I'll miss the panoramic roof and heated seat, but can live without roof rails, pleather uphostory and wireless phone charging. Are then any other 'must-have' features you think that are missing from the SE?

Any strange bongs, slow start up or software bugs that new owners need to be aware off? Are there any areas where you feel that the new car is inferior to the original?

TIA

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220119_121741_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220119_121741_com.android.chrome.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_20220119_121746_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220119_121746_com.android.chrome.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 85
So I've been running an original ZS EV Exclusive for 2 years now and fancy a change. Overall it has been a decent EV so I could be tempted by the face lift LR model. I have read and viewed most of the reviews of the new car but would appreciate some impartial advice from owners who have experienced both. In particular if you have noticed any difference in ride, comfort, performance and economy over the old model. Are the led headlights noticeably better than the old ones? Is the rapid charging profile similar or are peak speeds retained for longer?

Some people have suggested that the heating is less powerful in the new model, but it was pretty fierce in the original so this may not be a problem.

When I got my car I think there was only about £1500 between the price of the Exclusive and the Excite. The price difference between the SE and Trophy is higher so I'm leaning towards the poverty spec. I'll miss the panoramic roof and heated seat, but can live without roof rails, pleather uphostory and wireless phone charging. Are then any other 'must-have' features you think that are missing from the SE?

Any strange bongs, slow start up or software bugs that new owners need to be aware off? Are there any areas where you feel that the new car is inferior to the original?

TIA
I have a 2 yer old MG ZS EV Exclusive right now, and have a Trophy Long Range on order, From my test drive of the Long Range, It mostly felt the same to drive, though the seats seem a little more comfortable, and maybe its slightly quieter. The big change inside the cabin is the new infotainment and drivers displays, I found the infotainment display to be a vast improvement on the old version. Its better looking, and faster, also the inbuilt satnav is a lot nicer than the original one. The drivers display is also much better than the dials and the little screen in the middle, for example you now can see cars to the side of you in the display instead of just in front, and it distinguishes between cars and trucks! Its also great to have the battery percentage showing on the screen instead of having to guess what its at with the original's white dots! Heating wise, I don't know as I didn't try it in the new model, but I can't imagine it would be massively different, though it does now feature automatic climate control. Headlights, didn't try as my test drive was during the day! But I've seen videos of the new lights and they look a lot better (well they couldn't be worse than the old ones!!) Must haves for me/things I'd miss on the SE.... Pano roof, heated mirrors, blind spot and rear cross traffic alert, heated seats (not sure if the SE has those or not) cameras, (Again not sure if they are on the SE or not). Of the Trophy/Trophy Connect, I would just get Trophy and not bother with the connect if you have a smartphone that can do android auto/apple car play then you've pretty much got everything that connect provides, except opening the sunroof by voice!!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom