Sue H

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all,

I bought my MG ZX EV in December 2019 and until August 2019 I was very pleased with it. However, since September 2023 it has spent 11 weeks at the dealership in Redditch and I have had the vehicle for 8 weeks. Not what I bought the car for. All the lights come on when I attempt to start it but it won't move. In that time I have had to call out the breakdown services about 6 times.
In October I was informed that MG had fitted a new PTC Heater so I was hopeful that would sort out the issue. But the problems kept occuring. Each time the service department told me they couldn't find anything wrong, so I would have it back until it broke down again and again. I had it back just before Christmas and not 2 weeks later, the same problem.
I had emailed the head office and it was suggested that given it's age ,only just 4 years old, and mileage, 27000 miles, it could be the 12v battery so I decided to bite the bullet and have a new one fitted. I managed to get it to a garage near where I live who changed the battery for a new one to find that it was not the battery at all but that all sorts of errors were being thrown up on their diagnostics. I rang the AA MG recovery who informed me that as there had been 3rd party interference by putting a new battery in and removing it, they could not help. I had to use a third party breakdown company to recover it to MG Redditch. Absolutely crazy except that MG hadn't got any diagnostics at the time???
I called in to the dealer the following Monday to see what was happening. Obviously I now have no confidence in the vehicle or the dealership. As luck should have it, so I thought, Andy Kirkham, one of the directors was there at the time, and I felt it was now going to be sorted out. The service department ran a diagnostic test which pointed to the AC-DC Converter. They told me it would have to go to Erdington? Meanwhile I sent an email to Andy Kirkham to confirm all the issues that I had experienced with the vehicle. He responded immediately but that was 2 weeks ago.
On Monday I rang the service department who informed me that they had fitted a new PEB unit however, it still wouldn't move and the Drive Motor needed replacing. Apparently they are expensive and they were waiting to hear back from MG.
I emailed Andy Kirkham immediately to ask what MG are going to do about it and I've heard nothing since. I don't trust the car anymore, I just want MG to buy it back off me.
The customer service has been dreadful both from MG and the AA.

I'm so frustrated.

I think Sue should legally declare the car "not fit for purpose'" and demand it is taken back by MG and repaid the current value. There is precedent for this route.

I have a similar aged car with 20,000 miles which has been faultless to date.
Sue has a rogue car and should get rid of it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom