Condensation in car?

BobsEV

Standard Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else getting condensation in the car? Seems like I'm constantly turning on and off the demister (with aircon on at same time) during these rainy colder days.

Does anyone have any other good tips for reducing condensation other than wiping the windows down or opening a window?

Last edited:
Do you have the recirculation turned on? I used to get this really bad in my old Alfa the first winter I had it until I realised I'd been using heat, AC and recirculation, when I should have just been using the air from outside to dry out the cabin.

Seems like it happens (or at least makes no difference) even with fresh air mode ie no air recirculation.

shikoku has the answer. I'm constantly surprised by the number of vehicles being driven with windows covered in condensation. I have my AC on 90% of the time. No condensation problems. If you need to clear the screen quickly, use the windscreen button next to temperature rotary control. Plenty to learn on this car.

Is anyone else getting condensation in the car? Seems like I'm constantly turning on and off the demister (with aircon on at same time) during these rainy colder days.

Does anyone have any other good tips for reducing condensation other than wiping the windows down or opening a window?
You may have a leak. A few people have found water in the boot well so have a look under where the spare wheel should be.

I have this problem with both my MG and Prius. I recon it’s just modern cars. Have AC on and it should be OK.

I got two of these, one for the Prius and one for the MG. Dehumidifiers
They help prevent condensation building up in the car, but to stop the windows misting up when you're driving keep the fresh air coming in (recirc off) and use the aircon, even in cool weather.
I find if you set the heater flaps to windscreen and crack open a window or two, or tilt the sunroof, then you get a slow flow of air that keeps the condensation down when you're moving.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom