Condensation in the front camera area

CDR

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

When the front windscreen fogs up, I get trapped moisture in front of the front camera and I constantly get the safety warnings (auto headlights not available etc)

It takes ages for it to clear. I took off the casing around it and removed the camera today and dried the moisture on the windscreen.
Is there any way to prevent this?

20201106_153944.jpg
20201106_154716.jpg

Maybe leave the case loose or drill some vent holes in the top and bottom of the case?
I had a new windscreen fitted to my Prius earlier this year and they must have broken one of the tabs on the same type of casing which allows it to hang away from the screen a little so prevents the same happening to the Prius.

It's a bit of a design flaw, isn't it? I would've though that area should've been sealed to prevent condensation.

It's a bit of a design flaw, isn't it? I would've though that area should've been sealed to prevent condensation.
The one on my Prius is sealed but it still gets condensation in it occasionally, although not as often as the MG.
Manufacturers can't win really, if they seal it it's more difficult to get rid of any condensation in it, if it forms and if they don't seal it it tends to get misted up easier.
My MG has given me the warning message a couple of times but 15 minutes later when I have stopped at my destination and looked, the condensation has gone.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom