Condensation Issues with new MG ZS

Obardain

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all,

Is anyone else experiencing condensation issues on the windows with their MG ZS? We picked up a new one in March and I have never owned a car with such bad condensation before. Not sure if this is normal or not. Took it to the dealer who said they couldn't find a problem with the seals or anything. If you get in the car with a cup of coffee or you have built up any sort of sweat then the front windscreen steams up, the front side windows steam up and sometimes the back side windows too. When I drove it in April time on a cold morning I found I was de-misting the windscreen every couple of minutes before it would steam up again. Any advice would be appreciated, as I'm trying to work out if this is normal or not. I don't know if I've got some vent closed that could be causing this?!

Many thanks!

Pete

Do you have the air intake on auto or recirc? if so change it to outside and problem should evaporate.

Do you have the air intake on auto or recirc? if so change it to outside and problem should evaporate.
Amazing. Thanks so much! I didn't know those different modes existed till you said, but exactly as you say, even the handbook suggests the windows may mist up if set to internal recirculate (as I had it). I won't know for sure till I get in the car with a cup of coffee, but fingers crossed! Thanks so much again!

If you're driving in Eco mode all the time it limits the air con. I find if its raining you really need to switch to normal mode and every now and then use the front demist button. It does settle down though

Do watch the drinking driving!
I put a couple of dehumiddifier in the rear door pockets (they fit very neatly)
When they fill up with water I swap them
Very effective in the winter even with a damp dog!
In winter I tend to turn the eco mode off using the button in the heater controls.

Do watch the drinking driving!
I put a couple of dehumiddifier in the rear door pockets (they fit very neatly)
When they fill up with water I swap them
Very effective in the winter even with a damp dog!
In winter I tend to turn the eco mode off using the button in the heater controls.
Ha, thanks! Good to know. We'll be getting a dog soon so that will be the next trial!

So I had my MG ZS 2020 at the dealer yesterday for maintenance and asked to check the ventilation selection (front, bottem, window) since i was not happy with time it takes the condensation on the front window to clear up. I thought this was one of the cars downsides since there are several posts here about the time it takes to clear condensation on the front window.

I was wrong, The valve for the ventilation selection was stuck. They fixed it and now there is a shitload air comming out the ventilation shaft at the front window. So do have it cheked out!

MG offers 7 year warrenty but excludes convienance system with a three year warranty. I assume that anything that impacts on driving the car safely is not a convienance system. In the Netherlands clearing the front window condensation is a mandatory safety system. It's also a reasen for failing MOT. So it should be included in the 7 year warranty.

Attachments

• MG_Online_Warranty_Statement_October_2021.pdf
    275.2 KB · Views: 100
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom