Conditional Speed Warning

bobs2293

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hello,

Had my MG5 a few days and loving it. One question that i can’t find the answer to in the handbook.

I randomly keep getting the message “Conditional Speed Warning”. I can’t seem to clear it but it does eventually go away.

i have deactivated the speed warnings in the menu

can anyone explain what it means and how to stop it?

Can't answer definitely but for me it seems to be where there may have previously been a temporary speed limit on the motorway. Not bothered trying to stop it.

Press the car button on your infotainment screen.. on first screen and go to first line to turn it off
I turn it off every-time as it annoys me

It's supposed to work at speed signs where there's conditional text (e.g. different times etc), however I find it triggers if there's any text near the speed sign too regardless of what it's about (new build development sign on the same lamppost sets it off near me).

I have had this warning pop-up from time to time for no reason whatsoever. Pulled up at some traffic lights, just like a hundred times before, but this time the warning popped up!
I have filed this in the memory box of ‘ One of the quirks of my MG5’!

It's supposed to work at speed signs where there's conditional text (e.g. different times etc), however I find it triggers if there's any text near the speed sign too regardless of what it's about (new build development sign on the same lamppost sets it off near me).
I cannot find any mention of this in the manual, do you have a reference.
It was my understanding that this message appears where there has been in the past some temporary speed limit, such as roadworks, probably as saved in an outdated version of the satnav.

I cannot find any mention of this in the manual, do you have a reference.
It was my understanding that this message appears where there has been in the past some temporary speed limit, such as roadworks, probably as saved in an outdated version of the satnav.
Page 199 of the manual (screenshot attached)
Screenshot_20220406-095246.png

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom