Confidence in dealership..?

AdeB

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Right. I've just booked my first year service at the dealership with whom I took out the MG Service Plan.

As I was finishing the booking, the service receptionist said, "Sir, I do have to make you aware that the technicians will be carrying out an emissions check, which will also involve draining the oil."

I was tempted to let her continue, just to see what else she came up with. But I interrupted her, "It's an electric vehicle."

"Oh. My bad. Sorry."

I think she might have just been reading from her standard script, especially as the dealership seems to have just one desk that handles the different marques it represents. But it's not confidence-inspiring, nonetheless.

So...question to the forum. Has anyone else recently had a first-year service and, if so, what updates/issues do you know to have been carried out? What should I be checking - and what should I be expecting them to do?

It may be the first and only service I have with this dealership! 😆 :unsure:

Mine just got the infotainment update, I'm still on the old 456V BMS.

Mine was done about a month ago - they told me when I booked it in I would have the infotainment system update, I mentioned the latest BMS update and they said they'd have to check. Fair enough. When I collected they told me they'd checked, the car needed it and they put it on. No mention of oil changes or emissions! 😂

I had a "burnt" smell blow in to car as soon as I switched on in the morning, and assumed it was to do with overnight charging- smell hit me a couple of seconds after switching on, when the fans kicked in. Dealer couldn't find issue (and has not happened since). Best explanation they gave was a bit of plastic had blown up onto hot exhaust 😣.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom