Connecting LR ZS to WiFi

fatboyfat1981

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Afternoon all,

Got a vague recollection when I “man-read” the manual that there is an option to connect to your home WiFi.

Did I dream this and, if not, what is it used for- presumably OTA updates?

Yes, you can connect to wifi, settings wifi, and search and add the wifi network you want.

What it is good for i can not tell you but yes, i would imagine, software updates would be downloaded a lot faster on your home wifi, than the 4G (Or possible worse in some area's)

Maybe, also for future streaming services, you might be able to hotspot your phone and share your phone's data, with the radio to stream music.

Yes, you can connect to wifi, settings wifi, and search and add the wifi network you want.

What it is good for i can not tell you but yes, i would imagine, software updates would be downloaded a lot faster on your home wifi, than the 4G (Or possible worse in some area's)

Maybe, also for future streaming services, you might be able to hotspot your phone and share your phone's data, with the radio to stream music.
Lucky enough to have fibre to my house so it’ll definitely be faster than the 4G.

You make an interesting point on hotspotting the car to a phone, could be very useful with the p1sspoor 1GB/month data allowance the car comes with.

Lucky enough to have fibre to my house so it’ll definitely be faster than the 4G.

You make an interesting point on hotspotting the car to a phone, could be very useful with the p1sspoor 1GB/month data allowance the car comes with.
Yeah i have a 300/300 fiber connection to the house and the dataplan on the mobile is 30 Gbyte, so i agree, faster downloads at home, and more data when out and about. (And the best of it all, is that the company i work for pays for both :) )

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom