Connecting MG5 to your home wifi

severs1966

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I saw a posting in the MG4 threads about getting your infotainment system to connect to your home wifi (at least when it's near enough to your house).

I looked in the Settings menu on my MG5 LR (facelift) and could not find the same option.
Does anyone know if an MG5 (facelift) will do this? If so, where in the menu structure is the option?

Can I ask what you would use this for? Genuine question as I might be able to reach my wifi from where my car will be parked.

So you can tell the missus you are going out to do some car stuff in the garage then sit in your car watching your xxx rated movies??

Can I ask what you would use this for? Genuine question as I might be able to reach my wifi from where my car will be parked.
I just noticed that MG4 cars seem to have this feature. It must have a purpose. Car software updates maybe? Or will it make my iSmart phone app bind with my MG5 when it previously would not? There must be some purpose. And if this has a purpose for the MG4, why wouldn't it have the same purpose for other MGs of the same age?

I have a reasonable usecase. I have my car in the garage two floors under ground. There is a local wifi for the chargers but no 4g coverage there. I can't check the status off the car while it is charging.

I saw a posting in the MG4 threads about getting your infotainment system to connect to your home wifi (at least when it's near enough to your house).

I looked in the Settings menu on my MG5 LR (facelift) and could not find the same option.
Does anyone know if an MG5 (facelift) will do this? If so, where in the menu structure is the option?
I don't think that the MG5 has any of that stuff. *which is why it doesn't have things like traffic details in the satnav)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom