Connection to the car computer

shahsthegreat

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi

Has anyone on this Forum managed to connect remotely with the MG HS Exclusive like the other electric ones that can connect via the MG app? Is there any device out there that can connect to the computer maybe via the OBD2 port?

I asked about this many times after I bought my HS phev. Answer from MG and others was - No, the HS phev cannot use the MG app. As said above it needs a sim card which is only present on the Thailand models.

Before the MG I had an Audi A5 model 2014. A couple of years ago, I took it in for service and Audi installed a free device which was able to connect to my phone via bluetooth and give some useful information such as fuel levels, mileage, etc. If MG do not support it then wondering if there is an independent device out there that could do something similar. Would have been so useful.

wondering if there is an independent device out there that could do something similar.
You can certainly buy an OBD-II dongle, Bluetooth or WiFi, and use apps such as Car Scanner to get all sorts of information. Many of the apps have model-specific support. There is also Open Vehicle Management System (OVMS), which is more expensive but very comprehensive, but there is limited support for MG models.

Peruse the MG EV Unofficial App Support & OVMS Forum for some ideas.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom