Considering move from Tesla SR+

My city driving in eco gets me over 5 miles per KWh, which would be quite close to the 350 estimate from WLTP
This is promising! Outside of the car itself & other external factors like temp, seems a lot is down to driving style. I recall someone else was getting this kind of miles per kWh figure on the facelift in mixed driving.

I'm not sure my heavy right foot will get me even close, but I plan to try :LOL:

You will get 2.8-2.9 in the winter though. Consider the latest SR+ or something with a heat pump.

Maybe, just maybe, the OP is looking for a more premium build at a much more sensible price?

Tesla is now opening up the Supercharger network, so that USP has gone.

With my ZS EV Trophy Connect I have 7,500 miles of faultless driving and charging, both on my home charger and on Rapid Chargers.

A recent 1,080 miles round trip to Scotland was totally uneventful.
And there you have it. Well spotted Michael.

My wife has a three year old ZS EV standard range, I have the three year old Tesla.
The build quality of the ZS is better (I know I clean both cars by hand, it's only then that you notice fit & finish in detail).
The ZS is slightly quieter, the ride is smoother (less harsh).
The operating system keeps changing with each update & not always for the better, (multiple touchscreen key presses to get to simple information.
The Tesla chargers are brilliant (have not used one since November), and they 15 sites are now open to all makes.

I am also often frightened by the now famous phantom braking in cruise control when the car thinks there is an obstruction ahead.

Tesla is 3 years old nearly and is still worth more than I paid for it, with the money I can get a Trophy Connect and bank about £3k to £4k in cash having had 3 years free motoring and restarting 7 years warranty.

Edit Also radio does not mute when sat nav voice speaks. I would have thought that with all that technology that would be an easy thing to do.

Last edited:
I'm on roughly 3.3 miles/kWh with about 100 miles driven so quite aways away from your Tesla efficiency. I would stick with the Tesla unless your really set on getting a new car.
Same as Marc. I have driven about 1300 miles since we got our Trophy LR in March. I have left the long term odometer etc. so that it shows the usage since we picked the car up. My average is 3.4 Miles/KW. This is a cool spring plus up until now (so doesn't include the middle of summer or winter). We are also further south in the UK so that would influence temperatures. The mileage is a couple of long trips (motorway etc) mixed with lots of mostly very short trips (couple of miles).

I drive it like normal (not worrying about heating etc), 65 to 70 on motorways. On the very short trips, this impacts on efficiency, as, even though the car heats up quickly, it is still getting it to a nice temp by the time I get where I am going. But overall, I am working on about 3.3/3.4 as the long term average looking at how things are going for me.

EDIT: I should have said, except for the Tesla part - I really love our car, and would choose it over the Tesla (but this is very much personal opinion - I like the shape, having a dashboard in front of me etc. - Teslas are very nice cars, just not for me)

And there you have it. Well spotted Michael.

My wife has a three year old ZS EV standard range, I have the three year old Tesla.
The build quality of the ZS is better (I know I clean both cars by hand, it's only then that you notice fit & finish in detail).
The ZS is slightly quieter, the ride is smoother (less harsh).
The operating system keeps changing with each update & not always for the better, (multiple touchscreen key presses to get to simple information.
The Tesla chargers are brilliant (have not used one since November), and they 15 sites are now open to all makes.

I am also often frightened by the now famous phantom braking in cruise control when the car thinks there is an obstruction ahead.

Tesla is 3 years old nearly and is still worth more than I paid for it, with the money I can get a Trophy Connect and bank about £3k to £4k in cash having had 3 years free motoring and restarting 7 years warranty.
I will give you an insight as I was at my MG dealer picking up my ZS after having the correct number plates put on it this time and the salesman informed me that all his orders for the new ZS EV LR have been put back again from September to 2023...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom