Contactless payments

Adi6phil

Established Member
Reaction score
Quick question .do contactless payment rapid charges also accept tapping a mobile phone instead of a card as payment ?

Yes they do. However every time I pay with my phone it will allow the start of the charge but tapping to end it it always says "wrong card provided"
So I assume it's because Google Pay creates a card number for each transaction for security. I end up having to press the emergency stop.

Yes they do. However every time I pay with my phone it will allow the start of the charge but tapping to end it it always says "wrong card provided"
So I assume it's because Google Pay creates a card number for each transaction for security. I end up having to press the emergency stop.
That makes sense.

Does it still take payment?
Or does it glitch past that!

It still takes the payment if you end it with the emergency release without swiping your card again - most take a deposit off your card immediately (£15 for Polar) and then refund it immediately afterwards minus the cost of the charge.
You still get the refund even if you don't swipe your card again and press emergency stop.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom