Cost of 15,000 mile service ?

bollard1969

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
My MG ZS EV which we have used since Aug 2021 now needs its first service as it is close to 15,000 miles. I have a couple of issues that need to be sorted out via the warranty, but one MG dealer has quoted me just short of £160 for the service. I was under the impression that EV servicing was much cheaper than for ICE cars and although I don't have my paperwork to hand, it seems to be in the region of what I was paying for my previous car, a Seat Arona.

I was just wondering what others have been charged for a 15k service ?

Nathaniel Cars in Cardiff were doing a 3 year plan for one payment of £275 when I ordered my car.

My MG ZS EV which we have used since Aug 2021 now needs its first service as it is close to 15,000 miles. I have a couple of issues that need to be sorted out via the warranty, but one MG dealer has quoted me just short of £160 for the service. I was under the impression that EV servicing was much cheaper than for ICE cars and although I don't have my paperwork to hand, it seems to be in the region of what I was paying for my previous car, a Seat Arona.

Seems rather expensive. I paid £92 last Oct for first service. Maybe shop round.

My MG dealer (basically just a showroom, and then you order online) said that i could get any garage to do the service on the car, just as long as they did it according to MG's service lists.

I asked him, because the nearest certified MG service center is over 100 miles from my home.

Does anyone have this list, would be interesting to see what they are actually wanting to be done.

My thoughts was that they do a visual inspection and check that brake pads and discs are not worn down. Not much else to do, is there. ?

why is it Tesla, tell you that their cars don’t need servicing, when I discussed this with Tesla they informed me that the cars don’t need servicing orther than checking the brakes, tyres etc, what does MG advice requires the service on their cars

I was charged £70 for first service but it was only 4,000 miles

My MG dealer (basically just a showroom, and then you order online) said that i could get any garage to do the service on the car, just as long as they did it according to MG's service lists.

I asked him, because the nearest certified MG service center is over 100 miles from my home.

Does anyone have this list, would be interesting to see what they are actually wanting to be done.

My thoughts was that they do a visual inspection and check that brake pads and discs are not worn down. Not much else to do, is there. ?
First service was only £31.80 for 3500miles. Attached a check list, and a bonus……got an mg teddy 🤣🤣

Attachments

• 9F5194DE-8AAD-48D8-860A-580F7977180A.jpeg
    9F5194DE-8AAD-48D8-860A-580F7977180A.jpeg
    586 KB · Views: 144
  • 960D96DE-EC6E-4E04-A5BA-A85B795FD1EE.jpeg
    960D96DE-EC6E-4E04-A5BA-A85B795FD1EE.jpeg
    548.2 KB · Views: 155
  • 72DBACC7-0094-496A-860B-4A158DF4E97A.jpeg
    72DBACC7-0094-496A-860B-4A158DF4E97A.jpeg
    404.8 KB · Views: 154
I just checked the AA website, and the cover you get with the service is worth £199 on its own. So if your service is under £200 you're quids in. (Although there are other breakdown services which may be cheaper :))

My service was for over 15k but the did fill in the tyre depth and SOC plus SOH

Is it a Mk1 or Mk2 ZS? If it’s a Mk1 have a read of this thread. It’s about low mileage service plans, but has details of the prices for standard services in the images.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom