Creaking from rear passenger door.

Creaking from rear passenger door does anybody else have this?
Creaking when you open and close the door I guess ????.
WD 40 is a brilliant penetrating spray, but to prevent the noise from returning, I would recommend going back and spraying the hinges and check straps with some white lithium grease.
WD make this in spray form also.
Got mine from Screwfix - about £4 I think ?.
Do ALL the doors hinges check straps and the catch mechanisms in each of the door themselves and the boot catch mechanism.
Don’t go completely “Cave Man” - Just a quick two second spray on each item is all that is required.
Oh ..... Don’t forget the hinges on the charging flap door while you have out the car as well !.
My charge door use to make a terrible creaking noise when raising and lowering the flap.
Used the white spray to lub the pivot points and return springs about 6 weeks ago, and it is still silent in its operation.
Steel pins and return springs passing through the plastic pick up points with no lub applied at the factory, what where they thinking ?.
Don’t rely on the dealer to lubricate them points at the time of the service, way to much other stuff to do, like topping up the washer fluid and charging you from the privilege !.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom