• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Creaking from the back.

Have had my ZS for coming up to a year, I bought a donut after 3 months and shortly after I noticed a creaking sound, definitely creaking not squeaking/knocking ( sounds like polystyrene or someone opening the lid of a straw picnic basket repeatedly ) assuming it was the spare I put a piece of carpet under it but the creaking continues.
Have investigated the parcel shelf, the boot floor, the headrests and rear seats but to no avail. Thought it was the plastic moulding on the inside of rear door touching the painted metal and fitted a rubber seal, but nope !!
Due to this thread am now trying to investigate the sunroof and am awaiting some silicone spray to be delivered .
Am in Thailand and really liking the car apart from this noise, the gf doesn’t seem even bothered by it but it is really grinding my gears!!

The creaking now appears to be right at the back of the sunroof where the cross member is, seems like the roof lining is the culprit at this point.
Read one post where someone had added some padding ( inbetween lining and cross member ) which sorted it for 2 days only.
Anyone any other ideas ??

Have had my ZS for coming up to a year, I bought a donut after 3 months and shortly after I noticed a creaking sound, definitely creaking not squeaking/knocking ( sounds like polystyrene or someone opening the lid of a straw picnic basket repeatedly ) assuming it was the spare I put a piece of carpet under it but the creaking continues.
Have investigated the parcel shelf, the boot floor, the headrests and rear seats but to no avail. Thought it was the plastic moulding on the inside of rear door touching the painted metal and fitted a rubber seal, but nope !!
Due to this thread am now trying to investigate the sunroof and am awaiting some silicone spray to be delivered .
Am in Thailand and really liking the car apart from this noise, the gf doesn’t seem even bothered by it but it is really grinding my gears!!
check the suspension hooks of the rear seat, smear Vaseline on it, do this also at the door hooks 5x

The creaking now appears to be right at the back of the sunroof where the cross member is, seems like the roof lining is the culprit at this point.
Read one post where someone had added some padding ( inbetween lining and cross member ) which sorted it for 2 days only.
Anyone any other ideas ??

I suspect the headlining is starting to detach from the cross member at the very rear of the sunroof ,( a previous post about stuffing padding in there probably started to separate the headlining from the cross member even further and that’s why the creaking came back after about 2 days ).
Don’t trust my showroom ( Thailand ) to tackle this so will probably try to get some double sided tape in there to see if it initially cures it .
Thoughts anyone ??

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom