Creep speed

Hopey

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi , I’m not new to ev’s the mg4 is my 5th , I’ve only had it 2 weeks but can’t help but notice how fast it creeps when you release the brake pedal , it seems far quicker than my previous leafs and model 3 (when mode selected).
As anyone heard of a way to slow this down or even turn it off as i could in the Tesla?
It’s the same in drive or reverse.
I’ve also got a fault on the tmps that’s showing one tyre not being monitored after approx 5 miles from the start of any journey.
It’s booked in for this in a couple of weeks.
Other than this I’m very impressed with it .
Thanks

The creep is about the same as my previous ICE car so I don't find it a problem but as far as I know there is no way of adjusting this.

The TPS seems to need a decent journey to get them working properly after sitting for weeks on-board the ship so they might settle down after a few more miles.

The creep is about the same as my previous ICE car so I don't find it a problem but as far as I know there is no way of adjusting this.

The TPS seems to need a decent journey to get them working properly after sitting for weeks on-board the ship so they might settle down after a few more miles.
Thanks for the reply Ian .
It has done a 100 mile round trip once but mainly short journeys, hopefully it’ll settle down before the dealer appointment then I can cancel 👍

Looks like I’ll just have to get used to the creep speed , it’s most noticeable reversing onto our drive where I’m holding it back on the brake whereas the leaf would be that much slower you could just roll on .
I’d say the leaf was walking pace and the mg4 a jog 😂

👍

It's not so much stopping the creep that's the issue here, it's the speed of the creep. :)

Like @Ian Key the creep speed of mine is commensurate with that of an ICE automatic, so not an issue for me.
Found the 2-3 mph creep perfect in stop-start traffic, & 1mph when reversing up a slight incline on to my driveway 👍

mine will creep normally but sometimes i feel it like it try to take off without me giving it any throttle and those times its not at creep speed .

TPMS failure is common.
One of mine failed within yards of collecting the car, it didn’t recover after driving plenty miles.
Then a couple of weeks later the whole TPMS system failed.

Does drive mode (E, N or S) affect the speed in any way ?

I've not noticed any difference ... the drive more tends to modify things like throttle response, steering weight etc. rather than outright speed.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 539 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back