Cruise Control Issue

DrewRichard

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
So I recently got a zs ev and have notices that when cruise contol is on and I am driving on a flat road that my car will start driving above the set cruise control limit.
This has gotten me a speeding ticket the other day and I'm pretty ticked off at it.
Has anyone else had this issue or knows if there's a fix I can do?

No, I have found speed control very accurate.
The only thing I can suggest is there is a fault and you should return the car to the supplying dealer.

Cruise control is dreadful. Speed varies upto about 5mph above or below without any ryme or reason but worse when downhill as the system doesn't have the intelligence to slow the car down. Never had this issue with others makes of car, but this is without doubt the worst car I've ever had.

This is the Gen2, the 1 may have a better system

Last edited:
How interesting. My ACC certainly keeps the car very close to set speed. However it is irritating that it uses the brakes to do so, but lack of regen in ACC makes that inevitable.

Speed limiter stops you going above a certain speed which either you set (manual) or what the cars cameras read on road signs (intelligent [= automatic.]). You can override the speed by flooring the accelerator but at normal foot pressure, the car won't go above the limit. I've used it in central London where there are a lot of 20 mph limits. I'd use it in Wales quite frequently if I lived there.

I've got it set to intelligent and that doesn't appear to do anything with mine. I thought maybe it would automatically increase and decrease with ACC on, but no. Maybe the feature is disabled for Australian models.

Make sure it's switched on from both the infotainment system and also on the stalk which you set ACC and MG Pilot on from. You have to press the button at the end to activate it.

How interesting. My ACC certainly keeps the car very close to set speed. However it is irritating that it uses the brakes to do so, but lack of regen in ACC makes that inevitable.
This is singlehandedly my biggest gripe with the car. Lazy programming on MG's part adapting from ICE to EV. Clearly efficiency tests do not test ACC otherwise they would've probably bothered. This is the one software upgrade I'd BEG them to do was I given the chance. Oh well.

So I recently got a zs ev and have notices that when cruise contol is on and I am driving on a flat road that my car will start driving above the set cruise control limit.
This has gotten me a speeding ticket the other day and I'm pretty ticked off at it.
Has anyone else had this issue or knows if there's a fix I can do?
Keep an eye on the speedometer

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom