Cruise control not working

MattMG

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi,

Has anyone else had issues with their adaptive cruise control?! I press the button and there is no response from the cruise control at all. Does anyone have a suggestion how I can reset?

Best wishes,
Matt

You just beat me to it @Kithmo pull the stick towards you then press the blue button it will auto pick up current speed then flick up or down for 5mph increments.
I used mine today I love it just remember it doesn’t recognise a roundabout brake when your hurtling towards it at 60 mph which I found out when I nearly shot straight through one myself the first time I used it. 🤪🤪🤪

You just beat me to it @Kithmo pull the stick towards you then press the blue button it will auto pick up current speed then flick up or down for 5mph increments.
I used mine today I love it just remember it doesn’t recognise a roundabout brake when your hurtling towards it at 60 mph which I found out when I nearly shot straight through one myself the first time I used it. 🤪🤪🤪
With the sat nav saying, "at the roundabout go straight ahead" :LOL:

Hi,

Has anyone else had issues with their adaptive cruise control?! I press the button and there is no response from the cruise control at all. Does anyone have a suggestion how I can reset?

Best wishes,
Matt
Hi,
I have the same now. I can turn the cc on&off but the button will not activate the speed. It did work last week .🙄
Did you fix the problem and how?

Regards
Gary

Maybe it is a bit daft in roundabouts, but if you have it set to X mph and you manually brake for a roundabout, and then when you need to go, you press resume, atleast i will not accelerate like a bat out of hell until you cleared the roundabout.

My guess is though, that it is not that it knows this is a roundabout, but the fact that the steering wheel is not "dead ahead". When i exit the roundabout and go straight ahead, it will pick up speed until it reaches the CC speed selected.

It IS a bit cautious with the speed, and a bit slow to exit the roundabout and pick up speed, but it does actually work, so you do not even have to touch the accelerator.

Another thing i like about the car, is that it seems to display "Real speed".

This is the first car i ever owned, that seems to go at the speed the speedometer says. All of my previous cars have always shown 80 kph, but GPS said 75

This is pretty important if you use the intelligent speed assist, and the car sets the speed to whatever is on the signs it reads.

In my old car i always adjusted the CC to 86 kph on 80 kph roads, this way drove 80-81kph in real life.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom