Cruise control stopped working...

An6elofD00M

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi everyone, I have an MG ZS EV Trophy Long Range face-lift 22 plate, and have a problem.... the cruise control has stopped working when I press the button on the end of the stalk. It switches on and off by moving the stalk forwards and backwards, but will not set at a given speed. Only stopped working yesterday after a day parked in the sun, was working on the way to work, didn't on the way home and still not working today. Does anyone have any ideas? Or is it a trip back to dealer?

Check that the boot is properly closed. Open it and close it hard again. For some reason, the CC will not operate if the boot is not fully closed.

If in doubt - since I think it’s all connected - rebooting the infotainment (hold the physical home button down 10 seconds) could also resolve issues.

Ever since I’ve been driving locally without the CarPlay connected the car seems to have been behaving. I had a bad cable that was causing infotainment freezing after a while as well as a lot of security systems going offline.

Using an android auto box for wireless connection to my phone seems to work fine though.

Hope your glitch sorts itself out.

Check that the boot is properly closed. Open it and close it hard again. For some reason, the CC will not operate if the boot is not fully closed.
Thanks, seems to have fixed the issue, checked all the doors and boot as suggested, even though nothing showing on dash/display. Appreciate the advice 😉

Thanks, seems to have fixed the issue, checked all the doors and boot as suggested, even though nothing showing on dash/display. Appreciate the advice 😉
On mine it's always the boot that is not closed properly, it takes a fair bit of force to accelerate the boot to a speed at which it will close fully.

On mine it's always the boot that is not closed properly, it takes a fair bit of force to accelerate the boot to a speed at which it will close fully.
The rubber bumpstops on the inside of the (mk1) boot lid can be wound in & out to adjust if it helps.

I experimented & largely got rid of a low speed, rough road squeak, though I did get to the point where it was hard to properly close the boot without slamming it...

Also a little squirt of PTFE or equivalent on the body points where the bumpstops touch, and the rubber bumps on the rear edge of the parcel shelf 👍

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom