Customer Service Fail

MacG

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I have had the most appalling customer service experience of my life with MG.
I posted on here about a broken CP in my charge port on the front of my MK2 ZS EV.
It went like this:
  • Called the dealer. ‘Sorry Service is shut until Tuesday. Ring MG Assist
  • MG Assist (AA) logged the call. Engineer called back. Nothing he can do roadside, call the dealer.
  • Called the dealer. Sorry can’t help but can probably fix it end or May in Bedford or July in Milton Keynes. I understand that it takes time, so asked for a courtesy car to tide me over. ‘Sorry can’t help, call Tuesday.’ I said that is not acceptable as I have no other car. ‘Sorry, can’t help, call MG Customer service.’
  • Called MG Customer Service. ‘Sorry, can’t help. It’s down to the dealer’
  • Called the dealer, this time spoke to sales. No sorry, service is closed and we can’t help. (Happy to take my money thought!) ‘Call MG Assist again. They have to give you a courtesy car’.
  • Called back MG Assist. ‘We can only give you a courtesy car if the vehicle is undriveable.’
Me: ‘I only have 14% battery and the charge port is unusable’
‘Yes but you could drive it to the dealer’
Me: ‘the dealer doesn’t want to know. What should I do when I get there and have no charge to get back?’
‘Yes but you can drive it, you don’t qualify for a courtesy car. Go back to MG’

The long and short of it is that all the service and support I was promised when buying the car is utterly useless to me now. I am sitting with what IS an unusable vehicle with no support.

I have to take it in on Tuesday morning to ‘be looked at’.
What will happen thereafter is anyone’s guess.

I am so mad I couldn’t stop shaking!

I have had the most appalling customer service experience of my life with MG.
I posted on here about a broken CP in my charge port on the front of my MK2 ZS EV.
It went like this:
  • Called the dealer. ‘Sorry Service is shut until Tuesday. Ring MG Assist
  • MG Assist (AA) logged the call. Engineer called back. Nothing he can do roadside, call the dealer.
  • Called the dealer. Sorry can’t help but can probably fix it end or May in Bedford or July in Milton Keynes. I understand that it takes time, so asked for a courtesy car to tide me over. ‘Sorry can’t help, call Tuesday.’ I said that is not acceptable as I have no other car. ‘Sorry, can’t help, call MG Customer service.’
  • Called MG Customer Service. ‘Sorry, can’t help. It’s down to the dealer’
  • Called the dealer, this time spoke to sales. No sorry, service is closed and we can’t help. (Happy to take my money thought!) ‘Call MG Assist again. They have to give you a courtesy car’.
  • Called back MG Assist. ‘We can only give you a courtesy car if the vehicle is undriveable.’
Me: ‘I only have 14% battery and the charge port is unusable’
‘Yes but you could drive it to the dealer’
Me: ‘the dealer doesn’t want to know. What should I do when I get there and have no charge to get back?’
‘Yes but you can drive it, you don’t qualify for a courtesy car. Go back to MG’

The long and short of it is that all the service and support I was promised when buying the car is utterly useless to me now. I am sitting with what IS an unusable vehicle with no support.

I have to take it in on Tuesday morning to ‘be looked at’.
What will happen thereafter is anyone’s guess.

I am so mad I couldn’t stop shaking!
Run the battery down then MG assist should sort out a car?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom