Cyberster Configurator Now Live

Ordered mine too! Currently drive a Tesla Model 3 performance and had to decide between the updated M3P or Cyberster. And after 2 model 3s I decided a change was a good idea. Love the Tesla, including the minimalist interior, but didn’t fancy looking at the same dash that I have since 2022. Just hope there’s an app that’s as good as the Tesla one - love turning on the heating from inside the house and watching any ice melt away before getting in a lovely warm car, and I know I’ll miss the security of sentry mode.

Really boring spec (not that there was exactly a plethora of options!) GT dual motor in red with black roof and black / red interior. Although I may well change to yellow if I’m brave enough. However, as I learnt to drive in my mum’s banana yellow MG Metro 30 years ago I’m not sure it wouldn’t quickly lose its appeal.

Was pleasantly surprised by the only £5k difference between single and dual motor (there’s £10k between each of the different model 3s) and the red was a reasonable price too v £2k with Tesla.

From what I was told dealers have been advised to quote 12-16 weeks after build time for delivery - which means even early June builds will struggle for an August handover - which might not be a bad thing with Sept being a new plate. Just as long as they don’t get pushed to early 2025 and get hit with the luxury car tax.

Anyway, the long wait begins now I suppose.
Not a bad choice, be brave and go with yellow, I'm going to! The Model 3 is the better car of the two, but dull as ditch water, the Cyberster is lush as! (As da yoof would say innit?)

Anyone else less than blown away? The top spec at £60k Seems ever so slightly faster than the mg4 xpower (0.4seconds 0 to 60) but almost twice the price.

I know it's a halo spec car and priced for rarity but not for me at that money.
You can't compare the two, the MG4 Xpower, impressive as it is, is a dull looking and practical family hack about. The Cyberster is an impractical toy for well heeled old farts to pose around in that don't need 4 seats or luggage space. It looks stunning, performance could even be less than the Xpower and it would still cost more lol!

Last edited:
You can't compare the two, the MG4 Xpower, impressive as it is, is a dull looking and practical family hack about. The Cyberster is an impractical toy for well heeled old farts to pose around in that don't need 4 seats or luggage space. It looks stunning, performance could even be less than the Xpower and it would still cost more lol!
Don't agree with the X Power being dull looking, but all opinions welcome, even daft one's. 😉🙂👍

Don't agree with the X Power being dull looking, but all opinions welcome, even daft one's. 😉🙂👍

Don't mean dull as such, but it's a mainstream type hatchback, pretty standard looking even in it's pretty performance trim, whereas the Cyberster is a proper exotic looking sports car. They're just not comparable.

I really hope so, I was going to buy a new one, but decided I've had enough of throwing £10's thousands down the drain in depreciation for one lifetime! Going to buy a low mileage minter after a year or two now I reckon. ;)
I dont think youll need to wait a year to find one at say 40k-49k. Going by MG4/5 models. Im thinking the same. Last time i went near new the car was 6 months old and £16,000 knocked off. So you never know.

If you look at the front of MG4 not many hatchbacks have that design

I dont think youll need to wait a year to find one at say 40k-49k. Going by MG4/5 models. Im thinking the same. Last time i went near new the car was 6 months old and £16,000 knocked off. So you never know.

If you look at the front of MG4 not many hatchbacks have that design
Oh I'm not paying £40k for one! Now I have no regular income my respect for my money pile is too high to be dropping that much on a depreciating tin can, I'll buy one for £30k tops, if it means waiting two years or more, I'm OK with that. Of course, if my investments grow faster than anticipated, I might throw caution to the wind and change my mind though... ;)

But in the reviews when it arrives here, the journos will pick up on the alumunium front subframe, and then the el cheapo pressed steel rear.

Usually, the halo car influences the rest of the range. Here it will be the reverse. The Cyberster only took 3 years to develop from motorshow concept; by a car company that depends utterly on hired hands to develop anything. With the skateboard platforms, it become dead easy to put on a new body and its all a bit superficial. Its like buying a Chinese lawnmower off Amazon. It will look trick, and cuts the grass ok. But take the covers off, and you are shocked to see just a motor and bits of sticky tape. And forget about replacement batteries for said lawnmower, as its all unobtanium after 6 months.

But in the reviews when it arrives here, the journos will pick up on the alumunium front subframe, and then the el cheapo pressed steel rear.

Usually, the halo car influences the rest of the range. Here it will be the reverse. The Cyberster only took 3 years to develop from motorshow concept; by a car company that depends utterly on hired hands to develop anything. With the skateboard platforms, it become dead easy to put on a new body and its all a bit superficial. Its like buying a Chinese lawnmower off Amazon. It will look trick, and cuts the grass ok. But take the covers off, and you are shocked to see just a motor and bits of sticky tape. And forget about replacement batteries for said lawnmower, as its all unobtanium after 6 months.
What do you mean by that last comment? Why would you want replacement batteries after 6 months unless there is a fault, in which case it is covered by a multi-year warranty?

Cant deny about rust and corrosion on MG cars. Maybe someone will highlight that regarding the Cyberster for UK spec vehicles. We use salt on our roads. I dont envisaged this car being driven in winter on salty roads though. Seems like a second car not a daily. Also jet washing underneath and having it undersealed maybe should be on the list of modifications for buyers?

In the Nissan Z community this is a thing with the cars. A lot of cars were sealed by owners.

Yeah, we get it, you're not sold on it. Really don't know why you're still knocking around here as MG don't seem to have anything to offer that you like... :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Yeah, we get it, you're not sold on it. Really don't know why you're still knocking around here as MG don't seem to have anything to offer you like... :ROFLMAO:
Just checking you are aware of the "Ignore" function on the forum, @Paulie68, it is great for people you don't want to keep hearing from, especially if they keep making the same points over and over again.

Order for delivery in December / January, when no one wants a cabriolet ;)

Oh I'm not paying £40k for one! Now I have no regular income my respect for my money pile is too high to be dropping that much on a depreciating tin can, I'll buy one for £30k tops, if it means waiting two years or more, I'm OK with that. Of course, if my investments grow faster than anticipated, I might throw caution to the wind and change my mind though... ;)
Why would you buy any car that wans't already a classic and not expect it to depreciate, even your £30k one will depreciate the second you take the car away. If you buy goods and start calculation of a ROI, then you are looking at the wrong investment type.

Order for delivery in December / January, when no one wants a cabriolet ;)

Why would you buy any car that wans't already a classic and not expect it to depreciate, even your £30k one will depreciate the second you take the car away. If you buy goods and start calculation of a ROI, then you are looking at the wrong investment type.
Of course it will continue to depreciate, I don't think it won't! £30k is what I'd be happy to spend on a nice car I like at this point. Obviously over a number of years it will keep getting less, but I don't want to wait another 10 years or so to get one for £5k or whatever, as we all start to run out of life eventually!

As for classics, my '54 Beetle cost me £30 in 1983, I spent £2800 restoring it in 1988, and now it's worth about £25,000. Only car I've ever made any money on. But then if I'd invested £2830 in 1988, it would be worth much more than that now!!

Restricted numbers will likely keep Cyberster values stronger than MG4s, 5s and other models. We will have to see how it unfolds but it could even appreciate if demand greatly outweighs supply.

Early signs of demand are very strong.

Just wondering how many of the current preorders will follow through to collection. Thats the hard bit. Good thing theres no covid in sight. That was terrible for the industry.

Restricted numbers will likely keep Cyberster values stronger than MG4s, 5s and other models. We will have to see how it unfolds but it could even appreciate if demand greatly outweighs supply.

Early signs of demand are very strong.
Sorry for dominating these threads 😂...I heard them say most of the allocation has been met. Funny enough spoke to my manager yesterday about it. He saw it at fully charged and is thinking about ordering one! Kids are all grown now...Ill wait a bit might be able to save 15k and get one in Camden Grey and Beige Interior. Ill ring around for used approved. I did that before finding my 3000 mile Z with 14k off. Lets see.

English White looks like a lighter Porsche crayon colour or whiter nardo grey. I was expecting a simple off white maybe or the centennial edition cream version.

Different from the cream one in Thailand. I think the white will look like this.

Attachments

• image-59.png
    image-59.png
    638.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 0071zyn2ly4hjy576saa9j31400u0whf-1.jpg
    0071zyn2ly4hjy576saa9j31400u0whf-1.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 26
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back