DAB Radio Artwork Question

Wizard

Standard Member
Reaction score
My ZSEV LR Trophy is coming up for its first service. I have watched the recent monthly video on the forum. My car was bought from MG Richmond in Guildford Surrey. I plan to get them to check the software updates for the BCU, EVCC, CCU, BMS and BCM modules as you advised. Overall I am incredibly impressed with the car and like it a lot.

One thing that annoys me is the lack of station graphics for the DAB radio. I see some ZSEV users have them and others don't. I assume this was due to the chip shortage over the last few years. However do you know if MG plan to retro fix this or can it be done with a software update to the head unit of the car. I assume if it was a software update this would have already be done but just wondered if you could confirm this for me. The display when connected to your phone or other devices displays the graphics perfectly, its just the DAB radio artwork that seems to be missing. I do hope MG can sort this trivial but annoying feature. Thanks for giving me your opinion.

My ZSEV LR Trophy is coming up for its first service. I have watched the recent monthly video on the forum. My car was bought from MG Richmond in Guildford Surrey. I plan to get them to check the software updates for the BCU, EVCC, CCU, BMS and BCM modules as you advised. Overall I am incredibly impressed with the car and like it a lot.

One thing that annoys me is the lack of station graphics for the DAB radio. I see some ZSEV users have them and others don't. I assume this was due to the chip shortage over the last few years. However do you know if MG plan to retro fix this or can it be done with a software update to the head unit of the car. I assume if it was a software update this would have already be done but just wondered if you could confirm this for me. The display when connected to your phone or other devices displays the graphics perfectly, its just the DAB radio artwork that seems to be missing. I do hope MG can sort this trivial but annoying feature. Thanks for giving me your opinion.
It’s a bit of an odd situation as you say ?.
Some units have the DAB graphics, but many do not ?.
I had my head unit updated at the time of the first service, but it made no difference to the missing the graphics.
If it was a simple software upgrade, you would have thought it would have been sorted by now.
I am tending to think it depends on the version of head unit you have.
I have witnessed something similar on a VW model I once had in 2015.
The graphics on the screen where monochrome on our head unit, but in cars released only three months later, the graphics were in full colour.
I asked if they could be updated, but VW said that the head unit was not capable of this feature ?.
Never had it, never missed it I guess ?.
Yeah - It would be nice to have the coloured display on the DAB screen on the MG but I am not really loosing any sleep over it TBH.
Maybe it could be fixed, but after this length of time as passed, I find it hard to believe it will happen now.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom