DAB radio part

Alwyn Thorpe

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I bought a new MG HS PHEV at the end of May 2023 .
From day one the DAB radio would not change programmes and kept losing the reception on the programme it could tune into.
It is now the end of August and Sandicliffe Loughborough still have not replaced the faulty part.
Customer service either by MG or Sandicliffe is not one of their strongest points.
Very disappointed.

I bought a new MG HS PHEV at the end of May 2023 .
From day one the DAB radio would not change programmes and kept losing the reception on the programme it could tune into.
It is now the end of August and Sandicliffe Loughborough still have not replaced the faulty part.
Customer service either by MG or Sandicliffe is not one of their strongest points.
Very disappointed.
Hi, I bought the one in March, it had stuck on screen DAB aerial and USB cable exiting the glove box, it worked but no pre-set stations available, it went in for two days last week for the new MG Motor UK DAB chip fix, now I only have 10 working (on and off) stations, signal quality is rubbish and the choice very limited compared to the original makeshift set up, still no pre-set stations but the signal quality is extremely poor, I have complained very strongly to MG customer service only to be told, that's it, this is the fix and I'm in a poor signal area, it worked before, my previous cars (including a MG ZS EV) all had DAB which worked fine, MG seem to have washed their hands of the DAB radio issue, My dealer Chorley MG are a good dealership, it's not them its the manufacturer, I am very disappointed in the response from a Customer Service Coordinator Aftersales, my complaint won't be escalated to a more senior person. I am really angry, its a £30k car with a radio not fit for purpose. John Dalton

Last edited:
Chinese after-sales service and q.c issues generally worry me. One wonders if European manufacturers will be able to impose higher standards on their Chinese sourced cars. I rather suspect not. Like our bottom licking Foreign Secretary currently grovelling in China, they will have to just take it on the chin due to Chinese clout.

This issue has been ongoing for well over a year now, will all kinds of fob off excuses and bodges. The only real solution is to replace the head unit will an upgraded model and keep in place the 2 x USB for the purposes originally intended. How we get MG to comply is proving almost impossible. They are the people trying there best to wriggle out of this situation, but if stick together, we may just get this resolved in a professional way

Hi, I bought the one in March, it had stuck on screen DAB aerial and USB cable exiting the glove box, it worked but no pre-set stations available, it went in for two days last week for the new MG Motor UK DAB chip fix, now I only have 10 working (on and off) stations, signal quality is rubbish and the choice very limited compared to the original makeshift set up, still no pre-set stations but the signal quality is extremely poor, I have complained very strongly to MG customer service only to be told, that's it, this is the fix and I'm in a poor signal area, it worked before, my previous cars (including a MG ZS EV) all had DAB which worked fine, MG seem to have washed their hands of the DAB radio issue, My dealer Chorley MG are a good dealership, it's not them its the manufacturer, I am very disappointed in the response from a Customer Service Coordinator Aftersales, my complaint won't be escalated to a more senior person. I am really angry, its a £30k car with a radio not fit for purpose. John Dalton
I also bought from Chorley, has the fix caused you to lose a USB socket in the front as well.

Hi if you see my thread on this there's a strongly worded email to the CEO I got a reply that is a complete waste of time so I sent one to my dealer and a reply back to the CEO if you would like to see the letters strong worded email please have a look

Check out my email the CEO always go higher and also go at them as they won't listen otherwise

Simon

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom