DAB radio problem

I had a similar problem with my Gen 2 ZS EV, and I disconnected the negative terminal on battery for a couple of minutes and it seemed to reboot itself and has worked well since
Thanks Steve, just done this and despite an alarming amount of errors that came up on the dashboard once I reconnected the battery they reset ok and the radio ‘sprang’ into life. (I’ll be sure to carry a 10mm spanner in the glovebox if it happens again) !

My DAB radio is the most temperamental thing. Sometimes it works when I switch the car on and sometimes it doesn't. Has been back to the dealer may times but still not cured. I have to take it out of DAB into FM and then back to DAB and it comes on. Infotainment screen on my Gen 1 as much better than this Trophy Connect.

My DAB radio is the most temperamental thing. Sometimes it works when I switch the car on and sometimes it doesn't. Has been back to the dealer may times but still not cured. I have to take it out of DAB into FM and then back to DAB and it comes on. Infotainment screen on my Gen 1 as much better than this Trophy Connect.
If the radio isn't on at startup then just press the middle button on the left hand cluster of buttons on the steering wheel. That unmutes it.

If the radio isn't on at startup then just press the middle button on the left hand cluster of buttons on the steering wheel. That unmutes it.
Oh god the whole radio functionality on the MG4 isn’t fit for purpose a serious re evaluation is needed at MG HQ, why oh why can’t you set favourite stations and then toggle between them, the infotainment system is a real dissapointment, come on MG !!!

Oh god the whole radio functionality on the MG4 isn’t fit for purpose a serious re evaluation is needed at MG HQ, why oh why can’t you set favourite stations and then toggle between them, the infotainment system is a real dissapointment, come on MG !!!
The last software update I had for the ZS has cured the need for a reboot which was my main issue. I'd agree that the whole "software" package for MG cars at the moment is pretty awful and will sink them unless they sort it.

One thing, and it might be, and probably is totally unrelated. Does anybody else when you get the welcome to the care message, do it default to 2019? or any sort of random date? 1st jan this year, this day/month but in 2019? the time is right. then it sorts itself out. Wondering where it's picking the time up, maybe DAB?
Yep, I get the same message too randomly, I’ve had many boggles with my MG4 if this is an introduction to EVs then I’ll stick to petrol engine cars thanks 😉

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom