Dab radio

jonno58

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi my dab radio button is greyed out on the Mg5ev excite 72 plate so not usable any thoughts anyone

Check in glove box is there a black box in there ? And do you have a funny bit of stuff on the LH side of windscreen ?

This is the only thing that is annoying me about the mg5, it just seems cheap with the cable dangling out of the glove box for the DAB radio

Mine is just a normal plumbed in radio. I think you have what you have because of a chip shortage. Might be wrong though but it isn't supposed to have odd bits here and there, and wires dangling.

I think I'd call the dealer and ask them to clarify.

This is the only thing that is annoying me about the mg5, it just seems cheap with the cable dangling out of the glove box for the DAB radio
It's a temporary fix due to chip shortages. The alternative was to not supply you with the car until they had the chip to put in.

Well, that's reasonable, but it would have been good to explain that and reassure that it will be put right at first service.

Yeah, phoned the dealer, apparently mg will send me a letter inviting me for a recall when the parts required for the radio arrive....
So your sales man could be bothered to tell you on hand over 🙄🙄
Mine told me all about the DAB problem on hand over

Is there a usb lead coming out of it ?
plug it in to the RH usb socket
Cheers I've spoken to my fleet management and they said that there are quite a few without dab but new units have been ordered but thank heavens the Android auto is working as BBC sounds is great and sounds good

Glad I found this thread whilst trying to figure out how to bind the iSMART app to the car!

Just connected my DAB radio, slightly frustrated it meant a wire coming from the glovebox to the centre console but I then unplugged it and dropped the wire out the back of the glovebox and pulled it around to the centre console and it just reaches - you can even tuck the wire into the back of the glovebox so you can't really see the wire going into the centre console.

Glad I found this thread whilst trying to figure out how to bind the iSMART app to the car
Welcome to the MG EV Community forums.

Unless you are one of those extremely fortunate individuals who has the facelifted MG5 - you chose the MG5 as your vehicle - or you actually have the MG4, the iSMART app does not work with it, sorry!

I just bought a MG5, second owner from dealer. It has the USB adapter, did anyone get this replaced . Also the FM radio does not display radio station names, my 12 year old car did this.

My mg5 is coming up to its first service so I asked what's going on with the DAB radio, apparently MG still have no fix for it. It's been a great car so far, but that's pretty crappy in my opinion.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom