Dacia 'Springs' into Action

awbugritt

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Just been watching a few videos regarding the Dacia Spring EV. Not available in the UK at present but may be here towards the end of this year.
At around £11k, with a 27kw battery, 78mph top speed and 140 mile range, I reckon it will sell as fast as they can be made! OK it's built to a budget, but for a basic a-b machine what's not to like?
If, like me you're not enamoured of paying silly money for loads of tech you don't need, or indeed understand, this car, designed to transport 4 people should appeal.
Any vehicle which will encourage the switch to a non polluting means of transport has got my vote.

Well it did 25 miles on 0% battery with an outside temperature hovering about zero degrees. That was with occasional flooring of the accelerator.
On one test it was driven round Paris for 5 hours and only used 15%. Do you really need 69bhp in traffic?
How much does the Peugeot cost over the Dacia incidentally?

The only vid I've seen on it said that it's sluggish but ok for town driving.

I’m not convinced it’ll be £11k once RHD version makes its way to UK, prices never end up being the promised direct equivalent. But it’s a perfect car for town drivers, been interested in this since seeing the Full Charges YouTube video.

If you Google running on 0% battery, it should come up as a u-tube video uploaded by a Romanian chap who speaks very good English. Must admit I was skeptical!

I’m not convinced it’ll be £11k once RHD version makes its way to UK, prices never end up being the promised direct equivalent. But it’s a perfect car for town drivers, been interested in this since seeing the Full Charges YouTube video.
I came across this car completely by accident! It looks like there may be a model change for 2024 based on the Renault 5 I think, and you could well be right regarding price. Still if it puts an EV closer to what people want/can afford to pay it's a start. Not to everyone's taste admittedly, but neither is a Dacia Sandero, and they sell like hot cakes in certain quarters.

Last edited by a moderator:
At around £11k

I’m not convinced it’ll be £11k once RHD version

The €11k price is after the rebates available in various European countries, list price is €20k. I can't see it being under £20k before Government incentives which I think may not still be available by the time it comes to the UK.

27kwh and 140 miles....hmmmmm!

Just over 5 miles/kWh, possible if driven slowly and carefully. The question is how will it compare to a second hand LEAF30 - a similar battery size but bigger and better equipped but second hand. Driven in Eco they enjoy 55kW in a heavier car - the performance is "adequate" (enough for my Wife who rarely uses anything else), and in Tekna spec have far more toys such as 360 cameras, heated seats all round, etc

Just over 5 miles/kWh, possible if driven slowly and carefully. The question is how will it compare to a second hand LEAF30 - a similar battery size but bigger and better equipped but second hand. Driven in Eco they enjoy 55kW in a heavier car - the performance is "adequate" (enough for my Wife who rarely uses anything else), and in Tekna spec have far more toys such as 360 cameras, heated seats all round, etc
WLTP nonsense, IMO. Maybe, in the right conditions, it's achievable but I would bet rarely this to be the case.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom